Looks like we've got new Bones

Vans' Core-Skater line.
jkatakoon
UTPL Private

Re: Looks like we've got new Bones

Post by jkatakoon »

Got my Chukkas in today from Kinetic (good looking out, Wolf)!
Last edited by jkatakoon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyone4life
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by mikeyone4life »

It's not that serious that the tongue is flipped smh.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

its cool to have something that made it out of the factory like that… so yeah its a lil serious
sz12
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Hehe, mikeyone is OTWS's resident hater of all things. Always kicking fools off their high horse :lol: .
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

silokinesis wrote:erwin ^ better safe than sorry! stoked civilist is receiving though....

and a better look at the v&w apparel pieces to coincide with the release, courtesy of grind/hb: (japan release only as far as I know)
MAN...... How do I get my hands on this shirt to the left?!?!?!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Got my sk8-hi's today! They're super rad! No upside down tongue tab, though :( haha

How come I never get the blue gel forefoot insert anymore? I got it on a pair of the zero lo's when they first started these new insoles, but that's the only pair I've gotten it on. Always get the red insert, but are they only adding the forefoot insert in bigger sizes or something? 9.5's and 10's should be big enough I think! haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

yeah the last couple Syndicates had that same insert. the blue gel forefoot part is in reality only a tiny layer of gel over the black part. On one of the insoles on my Hunts (blue gel) is a lil faded/messed up so you can see the normal black part under it.
sz12
mikeyone4life
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by mikeyone4life »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Hehe, mikeyone is OTWS's resident hater of all things. Always kicking fools off their high horse :lol: .
Really though, I'd be pissed if my shoes were like that and you guys geek out over the stupidest shit IMO.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

That's what a subculture hobby will do to you. Look at all the people we think who are crazy, who go to Comic Cons, and Anime conventions, and what about those loyal fans of Star Wars, Twilight, Harry Potter, etc? They probably look at us like we're crazy when we line up for shoes, and go to sneaker shows and what not. The enthusiasts start to make up ways to keep it interesting, and it just so happens that upside-down tags are a known error with Vans, so to get a pair like that is kinda unique...to a true collector. Rare items will always be collectable to someone.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Agreed! It's something that makes it that much more unique. There are definitely times when I'd be pissed about something like that, but for some reason I love it on the pairs that I've seen it. Plus, the more you get into collecting, the more you seek out the most rare of items, and in some cases, those items are the ones with errors.

I know the blue gel insert is pretty thin, but it still bums me out that I only have one pair with it! Although, if they didn't do that on this release, then I'm not as bummed.

I also love comic cons and Star Wars. But those Harry Potter and Twilight geeks... haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

"Nerd! nerd! nerd! nerd! nerd!" -Revenge of the Nerds
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

rocketgoof wrote:Agreed! It's something that makes it that much more unique. There are definitely times when I'd be pissed about something like that, but for some reason I love it on the pairs that I've seen it. Plus, the more you get into collecting, the more you seek out the most rare of items, and in some cases, those items are the ones with errors
this is the first time it's happened to me. it's just really interesting to see when things go wrong.(like what silo said.. i wonder what was going on in the persons head when they placed the tongue tag that way) i get more upset about the glue marks on my new kicks vs production errors like this. especially with how anticipated this release was.. pulling out the chukkas & seeing the flipped tongue was dope for me. & i mean it's not too obvious to anyone else unless you point it out, but knowing you got a pair that's just that much different than the others is pretty cool. i also don't think that it adds major value as far as dollar signs.. but self value as a collector.

on another note. i need to get my hands on some v&w apparel !
taz92
UTPL Private

Post by taz92 »

Can anyone help me with an 8 or 8.5?
REDefined
UTPL Private

Post by REDefined »

burr wrote:^ good luck bro. eras are lookin to be the favorite in this pack.

elite boardshop in fairfax, VA gets em in tomorrow. and yes, they are taking phone orders. ~$130 + shipping

510 in berkeley, CA had plenty of sk8-his left, but that was saturday afternoon. $125 each (1 pair per person)
Thanks for the info. Elite Boardshop is shipping a pair out to me. :D
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

If you're in the SoCal area, preferrably the OC, then Liberty just got in their W)Taps today. They're in-store only, but you can call them for a size check and price! 714-256-9464. Good luck resellers!