Post by Renjie »

Good point Guam.

The sections are staying then !!
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post by skorone »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Yeah, trust me, I've put a lot of thought into what should be on here, and what shouldn't, but after this thing picks up steam, you'll get to like the community we are building, and before you know it, you're checking in on this forum, cause it's people you may know, or care to hear from...not just random people on the other huge forums. It's mainly a forum about Vans stuff, but watch, just like the old forum, it will grow into our own little community, centered around Vans. This site is more about the people who care to attach themselves to it, than rather it just be content driven. Over on SCC, we have one forum where we all interact with each other, to show whatever we just got, or are selling, or etc. It's random. Now we have our own home to run around and thrash all over! Invite more homies on to it, and it should grow. I want to get an automotive section up and running, a bike rider forum, maybe even DJs, who knows? ...and other subcultures, that share common interests...OffTheWall is just a platform for it! Find your niche on here, and take ownership of it. Post topics that are your interest, and keep it moving. Let us know what other forums should be added as well. We can get rid of the "other brands" forums if you want, but it's not doing anything by just being there. If it's dead, then we'll delete it, but maybe other OTWS Fam members will want to talk about upcoming SBs, runners, etc. God knows we all have other passions than just Vans, but Vans kicks don't really have a centralized outlet, except for here! Don't take it too seriously either, the more people, the more the forum will grow and change. Sit back and just hang loose! Peace! -Guam

Well said Guam , well said....
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
werkz
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by werkz »

Suggest moving the Offtopic, clothing, art, etc section to the top of the page.

Maybe combine all the pickup threads and make it one thread in the off topic? WDYWT as well
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The clothing pickup thread used to be in the New Pickups forum, but we moved it to the clothing section, but perhaps we might decide to move it back, so all "pickups" are in the same area. As far as the OffTopic and other stuff section, I'd rather leave it below the Vans sections, just because I like how it's laid out :)
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

werkz
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by werkz »

Is it possible to make a catagory that has a new post in it to turn a different color?
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

U mean the color of the dot that notifies you of new posts? The one that currently turns red for new posts?
crisone
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by crisone »

Can't think of anything right now.....

Cris.
IG: @crisone
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

We should just create a WDYWT 2010 thread & a pick-up 2010 thread. And post them at the very top of the board, not a sub category.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Whoa! We're so famous we even got one of them fakes advertising bot :lol:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Whoa! We're so famous we even got one of them fakes advertising bot :lol:

It's a never ending battle! I banned the username, and deleted the post. We'll see how long it takes for them to come back.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Ban his IP too
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Ban his IP too

Yup, done!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Is there a way to have a feedback system similiar to Issforums.com? I know that is one of the only reasons why I was so loyal to Iss for so long. It makes transactions alot easier.

Also, I messed around with the settings, and don't know if I got it wrong but is there a way to be notified via email when I recieve a PM.

I think it'd be cool to take advantage of the user groups and have everyone grouped by shoe size. (7 & Under, 8-8.5, 9-9.5, 10-10.5, 11 & Up.)

I think it would also be helpful to seperate the F/S/T and WTB sections in the marketplace, it would help to organize and eliminate clutter.

Last but not least, thanks for setting up this forum. It's young and growing, but definitely great. Thanks for all of the hard work everyone here really appreciates it. Sorry for the nit picking, theyre just suggestions, and I'm sure there is a great reason why or why not everything is or isn't here. It's all meant to be constructive criticism.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

FTHATIMFAMOUS wrote:Is there a way to have a feedback system similiar to Issforums.com? I know that is one of the only reasons why I was so loyal to Iss for so long. It makes transactions alot easier.

Also, I messed around with the settings, and don't know if I got it wrong but is there a way to be notified via email when I recieve a PM.

I think it'd be cool to take advantage of the user groups and have everyone grouped by shoe size. (7 & Under, 8-8.5, 9-9.5, 10-10.5, 11 & Up.)

I think it would also be helpful to seperate the F/S/T and WTB sections in the marketplace, it would help to organize and eliminate clutter.

Last but not least, thanks for setting up this forum. It's young and growing, but definitely great. Thanks for all of the hard work everyone here really appreciates it. Sorry for the nit picking, theyre just suggestions, and I'm sure there is a great reason why or why not everything is or isn't here. It's all meant to be constructive criticism.

That feedback system that ISS uses is a proprietary system that they designed. Trust me, I tried to look around for the code and bots needed to have that feedback system, but it's not doable.

There is an email notification system on this forum, because I get them for all of my PMs. Search around in your CP.

As far as organizing the marketplace, maybe in the future if it needs be, but it's not heavily used as of now, so we better not change it just yet.

I love the feedback, and thanks! Please more people give your opinions, thanks!