Urgent: We need to come up with a new name for OTWS asap!!!

Post suggestions as to what would help out this forum
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Urgent: We need to come up with a new name for OTWS asa

Post by rocketgoof »

Original and True Waffle Society
Obama's True Waffle Society (haha)
Bill's Waffles
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

Those sound good, Waffle Society might sound like a food enthusiast group.
hah

Im diggin the "Society" names

Honestly sad to see the name go
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah it's sad to see the name go, but it was honestly never ours to begin with. Raf started it, and let it blow away in the wind. SoleCollector forums sort of caught most of the debris (meaning us), and allowed us to re-establish ourselves. We outgrew SC forums. I figured out how to create and run a blog, as well as this forum, and that's where we started at OTWS 2.0. I wouldn't have had nearly the success in getting us going, if I didn't use the O.G. Offthewallsite name. Now we have grown some more, to the point where we need to play by the rules that the big boys play with. I totally am fine with that. I've needed to do this for a long time. There might be some people lost in the transition, but hopefully Vans still moves in an upward trend like I see it doing, and hopefully we can catch a ride on their waves, but I don't wanna do it, unless y'all wanna do it. It's no fun, if nobody else is doing it, lol!

Acoustic: I've just looked at my Vans linkshare stats, and here's what Offthewallsite has brought in for Vans. Not a lot, but a lot for OTWS' average site traffic of 1,000 unique visitors a day. Keep in mind, I only post up the random individual stuff that I think is cool, and if it's even cooler, I make a banner for that item, like the Stance socks. I guess the commissions pay for some of the site costs, but definitely not worth the time and effort I put into the site. I need to create product, like tees and hats and shit, in order to make this worth it to me in the long run, and to keep promoting us! That's why I need to change the name, so I'm free to make those things.

(2013 so far): 484,319 impressions; 6,982 clicks; 75 orders; 114 items; $6,460.30 in sales; $258.41 in commissions

(2012): 797,753 impressions; 5,368 clicks; 75 orders; 104 items; $5,840.95 in sales; $233.64 in commissions

Mikey: Dennis even suggested Waffle Syndicate, or 66 Syndicate. A little more edgy, but then again it sort of narrows us down to just a Syndicate enthusiast. That could be a forum group, I guess, lol.
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

Yeah I think I was a member on the old one too.
I understand you gotta evolve into your own, it was a good run and you did get a great head start with otws.
But I'm down for making new things happen. It's only going to get better.

I like what Dennis suggested that edgy feel, more intimidating for those who dont know what it is.

I feel like you guys are coming up with all the good names lol. "Syndicate" is the right term though. I dont remember if these were mentioned
but I'll just edit as I skim through

Waffle Hertiage - "Waffle" isn't doin it for me.
aka mentioned union ie. another (syndicate) term.
Union66 - Union sixty-six - 66th Union
66th Ring
Consortium 66'
Square by Square

WhiteFox
Vulcan- ie vulcanized'
Waffle Ninjas
Flying Waffles
Flying Fox
Checkered Tongue

This last bunch :roll:
one more

Waffles and What Not
Last edited by Vandol on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

The waffle syndicate maybe?
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Disciples of Spicoli
Of The Waffle Sole (OTWS!)
Organizaton of The Waffle Sole (OTWS again)
The Waffle Committee
Council of The Jazz Stripe

Just some more brainstorming. haha I agree with everybody else that what Bill has done is awesome and we're definitely glad that it's come this far and is time for the next evolution!
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

DJGuamstyles wrote:
(2013 so far): 484,319 impressions; 6,982 clicks; 75 orders; 114 items; $6,460.30 in sales; $258.41 in commissions

(2012): 797,753 impressions; 5,368 clicks; 75 orders; 104 items; $5,840.95 in sales; $233.64 in commissions
Say what you will, those are still some pretty surprising numbers. Didn't expect that. If nothing else, good on you for the hustle, Guam.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Thanks guys. I'd love to use the syndicate word, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't want to step on toes at all, and this is at the least kicking dirt on their shoes like an umpire and manager arguing at home plate. We are on their side, not against them. I just got carried away with designing shit that was too specific to their product. They clearly want separation, but I don't think they want us to go away.

As far as names go, I'd love to have one that has attitude, or exclusivity, like "syndicate", "society", "pack", but without being too hardcore, like "gang" or "mob", because I don't fake the funk, and we aren't all bad asses as we may think we are, lol! No need to be hit up by some drunk biker dude, or some cholo, calling us out and shit. For the descriptive name, I am still stuck on Waffle, even though it may be a little quirky, or innocent. Some other words that would rep Vans would be: "vulc" or "vulcanized (but then again, every other brand makes vulcanized shoes too), "heel tab", "waffle souls", and yeah that's all I could think of right now.

I think so far, I am stuck with "The Authentic Era" for the standard blog and stuff. I just need to come up with one that reps the community of people. Hehe, waffle souls sounds pretty tight.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

WaffleTreadTrends

OriginalWaffle66

Original66Family

WaffleOrigins66

OriginalWaffleSociety

OriginalWaffleSociety66
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

VulcSociety66

TransVulcanizedWaffleSociety

ThreadsAndSolesOf66

VulcSoul or VulcSoulSociety

OriginalWaffleSoul.net
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Original Waffle Society sounds dope! I just reserved wafflesouls on IG and twitter, just in case! Website isn't taken either, but I don't wanna buy it unless we know for sure we want it.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

feeding off of Jesse's first one... waffletreadheads
sz12
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Thanks guys. I liked the first one too but not sure if it's right.

Bill, OFS has a nice ring to it as did OTWS, It would look good on hats and Beanies.
Looking to buy:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

OFS? U mean OWS for Original Waffle Society? It IS dope, but you think it's too many words? Keep in mind, we gotta have something that can be hashtagged fairly easily, without mistake. The more letters, the more chances for spelling it wrong. The play on words with wafflesouls is an example of something short, on the nose (meaning you most likely won't have to explain it), and is short enough for a hashtag campaign. Not trying to persuade anyone or anything, hehe.
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

So far I like all the stuff I'm reading, and I'm enjoying everybody's creativity. The ideas of the waffle society and the original waffle society and the waffle syndicate seem to have resonated in my head as "The Original Waffle Syndicate" since its the most apt name from those 3. Syndicate is the coveted line of our beloved brand, and when speaking about it'd be shortened to "the waffle syndicate". But it sounds like society rolls off the tongue better, and everyone one is leaning towards that. Honestly I like both and just wanted to share my POV on the matter.

Also I wonder how audasious it would be to maybe "retro" one of the exclusive memorabilia sold by Guam....? Kinda like a farewell popup sale.....iuno it'd be nice..
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13