Vans Vault x Sole Classics

Vans' limited edition premium line.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Vans Vault x Sole Classics

Post by akamedaniel »

An upcoming collaboration between the premium Vans Vault label and Sole Classics of Columbus, OH is in the works, and although the details are a bit limited, we do know that this project is titled “Carmen” and some custom insoles are the in the works. On the left shoe you’ll see the classics Vans logo with the Sole Classics emblem, while the right shoe features “Never give up your dreams”. Sole Classics hints at an unveiling going down “sooner than you think” -Sneaker News
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Vans Vault x Sole Classics

Post by MF HectoOR »

Interested to see more
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

Very interested in seeing more. Looks to be made of a Pig Suede like material.

Mostly excited about this: "but it will also feature a first-time technique that has yet to be executed by Vans."

Edit: still waiting to see what the feature is that hasn't been executed by Vans before. Video looked cool and these seem to look like a great summer shoe.
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

So what's the first-time technique on these? The pre-sweat-in look?
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I'm also a little confused. It's a canvas shoe, with like an appearance that they've been running the bases in! It is unique for sure, but the red sole throws me off. I can't even come up with a slight idea of what the inspiration is. I guess we'll have to wait for it.
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

That "dirty/sweaty" look seems to be in different areas on each shoe. I'm gonna guess that it's some sort of therm color changing canvas. Maybe it turns that "dirty" color when hot?
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

I'm pretty sure they all look dirty in the video because people have been wearing them...
sz12
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

I don't know man.. At the end of the video, when the guy puts the shoes on the counter, you can clearly see the difference between areas that actually got dirty and the other, more orange colored, "stains" on the shoes.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

You can also see the stains in the close-up views on their site. It's subtle, but you can see that it's there on all the pics and it matches how it appears in the video.

Maybe they used some sort of dip-dye process that hasn't been used before? But yeah, to me, it just looks like a sweat-stained pair of Vans that used to be white... haha Man, I WISH there was some sort of hypercolor Vans, though! haha I don't think it's the case with these. We'll see once there's more pics, though!

Also, what would parchment paper have to do with OSU or football? Not a big fan of either, so maybe it's just a reference I'm not missing.

I guess I need to go check out this shop next time I'm in Columbus. I've been by it, but usually after it's closed. Last time I checked out their website it didn't have as much stock on it, either. Glad there's somewhere in Ohio that can pull something off like this with Vans!

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

What were those tshirts in the early 90's that changed colour with heat? Hypercolor? Ehhhhhh,
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Tons more pictures and the story are up now. Pretty sure the story was made specifically to accompany the shoe, cuz I've never heard it and can't find anything about it in a google search... haha Interesting that they seem to have made up a story based around a football player and license plates to be inspiration for the shoes.

The foxing looks more orange to me in most of the pictures and those navy and gold laces are pretty Michigan-y! haha

Also, looks like they tried to make a wikipedia article about this guy and it got deleted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_%22Ice%22_Henderson

wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

lmao good god... You mean to tell me he went blind and then came regained vision... and then ran away never to be heard of again...

I believe NONE of that story however I think the shoes are cool. They could have just said they are modeled after the license plate.
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I just thought they were referencing some Ohio-lore "tall tale" I hadn't heard. I mean, Johnny Appleseed is rather popular here in Ohio and there's always crazy "legends" out there about random things. It was weird to me that I hadn't heard this one, so I looked it up. Looks like they just tried to come up with their own, though. It was also weird that they skipped the part where he regained his vision. From what I can tell, the dude did all the rest of that while still blind! Also, kind of a long way to run for a woman who said 4 words to you and left the room... haha

The whole concept and legend of the license plate and the development of the highway seemed rather random. I wonder how that aspect came to mind?

It's almost too many influences all together, but it still works alright. They story they've constructed is a good way to tie their concepts together. Still wanna know what the first-time process is, though!

Edit: From their instagram: "The fade used to make up the upper of Carmen is the first time this technique has been used on any Vans shoe. Each shoe had to be hand done to execute the golden fade."

So there it is!

TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

Instant Cop for Me, i think they are beautiful!
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

rocketgoof wrote:
Edit: From their instagram: "The fade used to make up the upper of Carmen is the first time this technique has been used on any Vans shoe. Each shoe had to be hand done to execute the golden fade."

So there it is!
Lame... Haha!