MOCA Geffin "Art in the Streets" exhibit

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

MOCA Geffin "Art in the Streets" exhibit

Post by 5150marley »

Art in the Streets, is the first major U.S. museum exhibition of the history of graffiti and street art.

The exhibition will trace the development of graffiti and street art from the 1970s to the global movement it has become today, concentrating on key cities where a unique visual language or attitude has evolved.

Art in the Streets showcased installations by 50 of the most dynamic artists from the graffiti and street art community, including Fab 5 Freddy (New York), Lee Quiñones (New York), Futura (New York), Margaret Kilgallen (San Francisco), Swoon (New York), Shepard Fairey (Los Angeles), Os Gemeos (São Paulo), and JR (Paris). MOCA’s exhibition also emphasized Los Angeles’s role in the evolution of graffiti and street art, with special sections dedicated to cholo graffiti and Dogtown skateboard culture.

The exhibition featured projects by influential local artists such as Craig R. Stecyk III, Chaz Bojórquez, Mister Cartoon, RETNA, SABER, REVOK, and RISK.

The exhibition also included a skate ramp designed by pro-skater Lance Mountain and artist Geoff McFetridge.

Following MOCA’s presentation, the exhibition will travel to the Brooklyn Museum, where it will be on view March 30–July 8, 2012.

Here is the link to my pics on FB.... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ab2&type=1
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: MOCA Geffin "Art in the Streets" exhibit

Post by lookdown »

It's actually been going on for a while now in the Geffen MOCA in Downtown LA (Little Tokyo area) and it's a must visit.
I still don't agree on paying the admissions fee. Haha.
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by 5150marley »

lookdown wrote:It's actually been going on for a while now in the Geffen MOCA in Downtown LA (Little Tokyo area) and it's a must visit.
I still don't agree on paying the admissions fee. Haha.
Bansky flipped the bill for Mondays in July.... thats when I went. :?:
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

The only worth going to was the pre-opening and VIP day because most artists were there.
As of this past days, only a couple of artists shows up in there and of course Nike SB team is in there skating Geoff McFetridge pieces.
chukkaboot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by chukkaboot »

i went twice. second time i went i got to take an awesome pic with pro skater and artist ed templeton! yeah son!! oh and got a pic with banksy too....................