Stuff to do in LA, Disneyland tips, etc...

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Stuff to do in LA, Disneyland tips, etc...

Post by rocketgoof »

So at the end of October, I'll be in LA for a week for work. Most of the time will be spent downtown at the conference center, but I'll have a few extra days available (and nights) so I wanted to see what kinda stuff you guys recommend. I know a lot of you are from the area and can give me a good heads up. I've been there a few times, but am always looking for good stuff! I know I'll be sending time downtown (hotel and conference is there), Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and Disneyland. Also, does anybody have any good tips for cheap 1-day passes to DisneyLand? I may go the ebay route, but that feels somewhat risky, even if the person has 100% positive feedback. haha Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Stuff to do in LA, Disneyland tips, etc...

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

If you go to Ralphs or other markets or even Costco they have cheaper tickets. But I think they're all for multiple days. There aren't very many legit ways to get in for cheap. You can always try to find someone that works there. But if not you'll have to pay the full $80 or something. Maybe try to hit up a lakers game or something. The NBA season starts mid october and it sounds like you'll be in the area. I guess everything else depends on where your from and what you want to do.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

You got a Costco membership? I think they sell ticket packs there as well. Disney is pretty strict on their discounting though. California Adventure is more fun, if you haven't been there yet. If this is your first time to Disneyland, then go to the main park. A park hopper may be your best bet. CA adventure is modern. The rides aren't old as shit, and they got the new water show that just opened. As far as L.A. ...hit up all the spots on Fairfax, if you got some cash to spend! Head south on Fairfax (down the street away from the hills), after that, and go to the L.A. Farmer's Market, and eat great food. The Grove is next door as well, but it's mainly full of stuck up, hot housewives, spending their rich ex, or not, husbands money, while their kids are tended to by their nanny!
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by 0moorad0 »

not gonna lie if your up to it try going to 6 flags as well haha although since i have a pass disneyland would have to be my fav. Also you have to try toy story mania one of my fav rides at disneyland now haha world of color which is the new show at california adventure is pretty good too showed lots of old disney movies from when i was a kid haha
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I know they shut down a part of Ca Adventures, to update it for the Tron thing, I hovent been in a month or so, the last time I was there there was a wierd rave thing going on at night, it was cool except for the age range being 5-90 haha. gotta pre game that one for sure.

Honestly when ever I go on vaca I just want to eat, google food in la or something. just EAT!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Oh man, there's gonna be a TRON thing?! I'm definitely gonna have to check that out... Guess I will have to get a park hopper afterall. Did the Toy Story ride replace the Buzz Blasters ride or is that still there too? I love Toy Story, so I'd be a fan of any ride based around it. haha I'm a huge TRON and Toy Story fan, so this all makes me excited. haha

Yes, I'll definitely be eating as much great food as I can find! I remember a few good spots from my other visits that I may stop by, but I'm always a fan of trying something new instead, too. One of my pet peeves when I've traveled with some friends is their lack of willingness to try new places. I'm glad my girlfriend right now isn't one of those types!

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Yeah. There will be a trim thing happening in the Hollywood section of the park. The toy story ride in California adventures is more woody themed and no it didn't replace the buzz ride. But yeah. I agree. Vacation is a time to explore and be adventurous and try new things. There's no reason to eat mcdonalds or subway or some other stupid crappy food.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, where are you from by the way? There is tons to do around Disneyland. I had a season pass last year, and had a blast there. I'm a closet pintrader too, hehe. My girl's pin book(s) are full with limited edition, and location exclusive shit. Disney pintraders are worse than 15 yr olds standing in line for 3 days for some Yeezys! Trust.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I'm from Cincinnati. Odd, I thought I had that showing up under my icon. I'll have to fix that.

Disney pins are pretty sweet! I don't collect 'em and I only have one that I got from a trip to DisneyWorld a few years ago, but I've seen some cool ones on some Disney sites and blogs that I wouldn't mind having.

The Buzz Blasters ride is one of my favorites of any Disney rides, so I'm glad that's still there.

One of my friends that I've traveled with is horrible about trying new stuff... We've stayed in downtown San Diego for Comic Con and he was complaining about there not being any Taco Bell's nearby... Ate at freakin' Applebee's once. And we ended up eating at Subway twice (although, that was sort of ok for a quick lunch and a quick dinner before a show at the House of Blues across the street). It's tough as heck trying to find a place to eat with that guy...

Any fine dining establishments I should look into? I've always wanted to try Wahoo's, so I'll have to see if I'll be near any of those. (maybe they'll find some of their Vans collab in the back for me, haha)

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Hehe, Wahoo's is okay. It's the "OC" fish taco in my opinion. Get down and dirty, and find an El Taco Nazo, or Senor Baja near where you'll be...they're everywhere...that's some good fish tacos right there. I can't think of any other local spots near Disneyland that I'd tell you to go to. Use Yelp, it will find tons of great stuff around there.

I suggest going to California Adventure first, and head all the way to the back, to the Toy Story ride first. It gets packed, so get it over with. It's just like the Buzz Lightyear attraction. You shoot stuff, but you wear 3D glasses. Then go on the Screamer coaster, oh and you have to go on California Soarin'. That's my favorite. Then Hollywood Tower of Terror. It's short, but fun...for a Disney ride.
werkz
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by werkz »

Look up tickets on craigslist. There are people that will meet you at the park and get you in for like 50 bucks

Also try boiling crab in westminster. This place is the best place for crawfish. Get the whole shabang crawfish and cajun fries. Oysters arent that bad either
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah boiling crab is what our family calls "gettin' dirty". Anytime we all get together to throw down on some grub, we "get dirty", hehe. But this place seems to be all the rage these days. It's a Louisiana style seafood restaurant chain, where they boil the crabs/shrimps/crawfish/etc. in bags, with spices, and what not. The original one for the OC/Westminster area is "cajun corner", and they are legit. Small, but legit. Oh, and after reading The Hundreds blog, I didn't notice that on the east coast or the midwest, Mexican food is a rare thing. If that's the case, then I suggest you fill yourself up til you're sick! The restaurant in Downtown Disney, called Tortilla Joe's is actually very good, and pretty damn authentic if you ask me. Almost as authentic as taco trucks, hah! Be brave, and stop by a taco truck during the night. They're everywhere in the Los Angeles, and surrounding areas. They post up on busy streets, and are open from like 6pm-2am. Tacos run about $1, and burritos $4-$6. Nachos too. Get some Carne Asada, or Al Pastor, and you'll be set. Get the onions, cilantro, lime, radishes, etc. It goes well. Damn, I'm hungry now!