How do collaborations work?

Vans' collaborations with other brands.
Tampawafflehead
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

How do collaborations work?

Post by Tampawafflehead »

Ok... I have a million questions about how these come to exist but ill ty and keep it shirt lol, and getting this info might help otw site make a shoe:) bascially my questions are,
1. does a collab usually come as a request from a shop or company? Or is vans actually seeking out companies to work with? Guessing both?

2. when it's agreed that yea these companies visions, image etc are compatible and both parties are interested, are production costs footed by vans and then sold to the company/ store to sell themselves? Or is it the other way? Like let's say in4mation wants to do a customs do they just pay vans to make them? I guess that's kinda the same thing in a way lol

finally.. Some shoes have been made that are never released to the public, they were just made for certain people or groups example the eminem vans, did he just approach vans like " yo I don't care about the price I want to have em made"

I would love to see some otw site vans and if it's just a matter of raising some money... Iam sure we could make that happen.. I know I would contribute
http://spacesavers.tumblr.com/
Wtb new or lightly used well loved vans in sz10
in4mation HC's and pendelton taka native print hi's
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: How do collaborations work?

Post by akamedaniel »

Honestly I'm pretty sure its Vans that does the approaching, I think they have 'scouts' that go out and see whats in, or what has potential to sell product, then they work out some kind of agreement. Also im pretty sure Vans fronts all the funds for production.. but hey I could be wrong.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
TopVillain
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TopVillain »

a otwsite x vans collab would be so dope!
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

TopVillain wrote:a otwsite x vans collab would be so dope!
Word...i would really wanna see a Half Cab or maybe multiple models but very limited so only site members have first dips. Maybe 50 pairs each model tops.
Instagram: jakemontana1
Twitter: JacobMontana