Got vintage?

Available at retail Vans locations.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Got vintage?

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Anyone here likes/had vintage Vans? I'm currently trying to cop some vintage Vans kicks, too bad most of the kicks I find are too small for me.
Well, here are some interesting sites:
http://shipinsidebottle.com/tag/vans - Vans ads, some pics, and nice articles about USA made Vans
http://vanscollector.com/priceguidevintage1.htm - vintage Vans price guide, a lot of nice colorways

So far my favourite vtg Old Skool, beautiful colors

Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Got vintage?

Post by Derek »

Those are awesome man. I'd throw those on anyday!
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Last time I saw them on eBay they sold for $157 or something like that. And it was size 8.5, deadstock with og box.
You can design them in Vans Customs and paint the wave yellow on your own, but it just wouldn't be the same - modern Old Skools have different shape.

Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Yeah I've been wanting to custom a pair but it wouldn't be the same trying to do original colors. Toe is way bigger.
TomCat
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TomCat »

^ Crimson Ghost
Vans brought back the pre-2000 toe cap for the old skool. They used the flat toe cap on the Ray Barbee reissues and the Supreme snakeskin old skools. As of now they have released a pewter/white as well as a brown/khaki colorway GR with the flat toe. I'm not sure how soon they will bring this toe cap to the the black/white or navy/white colorways, but I think they're just testing the waters.

They brought back the flat toe because their team riders like they way they fit and skated. I prefer the flat toe and was psyched when they brought it back for the Ray Barbees. These will be the only old skools that I will be purchasing from now on.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I'm confused now... The toecap on the supremes and ray barbees looks the same as every other old skool I've ever bought, aside from the OTW reissues.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Yeah it looks almost the same, cause it's a 1992 reissue, Old Skools I showed up there are from early 80's. There is also a toe cap from 1977 (Old Skool OTW Pack).
And I think that the toe is flat cause the foxing is waaaay thicker (higher? you know what I mean). I have the Ray Barbees and they're so cool.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Yeah, I've got the OTW '77 old skools. I don't have the ray barbee's, but every pic I've seen makes 'em look like they have the same toecap as all the old skool's I've gotten since I started wearing Vans, though (aside from the OTW77 pack and some Old Skool S's I forgot to mention above). Any pictorial examples since it seems to be such a minor difference? haha

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

I just learned that there were Vans Style 34 - any idea what are these called now? I have no photo, no nothing, just the name. They can't be Half Cabs (33), Old Skools (36), Mid Skools (37), Sk8-Hi's (38), Authentics (44), Eras (95) nor Slip-Ons (98). So maybe they're Full Cabs or Sk8-Mids - any info?
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Awesome article! Pretty cool getting to see the other shots of 'em, too. If only I could read the article... I guess I didn't learn much Polish, even when I was in Poland. haha Did you wear 'em? Is that why the heels look a bit dirty on the last pic compared to the other shot of the heel?

Also, concerning the above post, maybe Vans Style 34 was the 106... hahaha

Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

rocketgoof wrote:I didn't learn much Polish, even when I was in Poland.

Damn! You've been to Poland?
Well, in the article there's basicly history of Authentic with some interesting stuff, nothing you guys wouldn't know about.
And yeah, I did wear them :D Had to get the foxing a bit dirty to get a nice contrast, and besides, they're Vans - they have to be dirty :lol: