VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Vans' Core-Skater line.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Post by wolfstrice09 »

these arent actually an OTW shoe they are just a GR that was done up as a high top Versa... HighSnobiety wrote there article on them and said they were OTW though
sz12
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

ok he was right they got a Syndicate Versa Mid... sorry for doubting ya but Brant from Silo just made this post...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=801
sz12
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

I was thinking if anyone knows requirements a store has to meet to carry Syndicate? Brant?
I know that for Vault store can't carry skateboard decks and has to have a suitable look and everything, but what about Syndicate?
Just out of curiosity ;)
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

Crimson- not sure what the criteria technically is at this point. The mission statement, if you will, of syndicate has never changed, but it is my understanding that allocation decisions have been slightly modified over the years. At the time we were opened, we had to have already been successful in a few other divisions of vans, be a core skateboard shop first and foremost...etc. I think there are some unwritten criteria, as to where you are located, what style of store you have, who your average customer is, etc. There are enough divisions of the brand to satisfy most shops. I know random accounts see certain stores doing well with syndicate and then request to be opened, thinking it will boost their sales. But its not about that in my eyes...syndicate is not about making large amounts of money for the shop, its only icing on the cake to a shop that does well in other areas. Its for those accounts that are in line with the vision, and want to support each and every release, and those that are ready and willing to pass that story to any customer interested. To me, the shops that just throw their syndicate drop onto the shoe slatwall with 195 other pair on it are missing the point. It gets lost in the shuffle. Thats a major reason that syndicate cannot be sold online (in my opinion).

I have seen major exceptions to this ramble, and there have been a few shops that have even carried syndicate as their exclusive vans line before, but I think that is in very particular cases. Overall though, I have seen them do a lot of good things to streamline the account list and get it into the right shops. When we were first opened I heard the number 50 thrown around a few times, regarding the # of accounts worldwide. I have never gone though and added them all up, but im guessing its even less than that at this point.

On the opposite side, i can tell you all kinds of ways to blow it and lose an account ;) lots of gossip on that front, better left to private conversations.

cheers
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Thanks. Perhaps you know what does the other number on tongue tags of syndicate releases mean? E.g. my Cardiels have 007.52, I know that 007 is the 'series' number, but what does 52 stand for?
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

that would be the 52nd release item. Everything counted in the line has a # attached to it, even the bar grips, gift items, boards, etc etc. Sometimes ive noticed one shoe will have a #, and even though there are 3 colors, they are all included in the same .#, but definitely each style has its own #. The reason the # has gotten so high is because of all the little accessories that release, w/ a good chunk of them being non u.s.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

Sorry i didnt read into all of these paragraph length comments but i think i see a little bit about this convo.

im my opinion CA , And Vault, Even Taka Hayashi Releases are great , but i think Syndicate releases are even greater they just come out with releases less often . But the 80% of their releases are must haves for most of us Vans enthusiasts.

In short i couldn't live without any of the lines except OTW, so far they haven't really put out anything that i have even had an urge to purchase.
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR