Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post suggestions as to what would help out this forum
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post by Derek »

Any suggestions/complaints/problems w. the site REPORT IT HERE.

If this was a shitty idea, delete it.
If this is in the wrong place, move it.
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post by Derek »

If you haven't noticed I figured I'd point it out. In certain threads I can't reply at all. You have to be a mod or admin to reply.

For example:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22

If you're a normal user you will notice that on the bottom right corner of the page, the following is displayed:

Mods & admins are not able to see this under their account. This should be fixed.
werkz
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by werkz »

Yeah i noticed that in the Runners forum. No reply button for the am1 thread
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Also don't see a marketplace yet. I'll give it some time though. Sure it's 'cause we're just gettin' started.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

Nah derek no need to be sorry , i was gonna do this myself when i got home tonight . Thanks i will try to fix that , and if i can not i will try to get at Guam . The whole marketplace thing will come with time i am sure, just need to find a system to run .A simple bot driven system , like ISS , at least i think thats what i heard Guam say ..
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Woops! Sorry about the permissions issue. I think I created that forum, and forgot to set it to allow all posters to be able to post. No wonder people aren't posting! Fuck.

...and yeah, the marketplace will be added soon, I've already DL'd the php software, but I need to learn how to load it all up.
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Posts can only be deleted in some threads.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

I suggest we get the word out about this forum in the other forums we frequent !!!! Put in work for our Forum !
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Just wanna point out. Not sure if you guys are aware, but for the first time ever, I just entered and posts that've already been read were marked as unread. Not sure if it's happened to you guys; just wanna make sure it doesn't continue or happen again.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Just this weekend, I redid all of the permissions for each forum, so I am sure it reset some of your "unread" posts. Just go in and read the latest post, and then your red dot should turn back to blue/gray. I just want to make sure that everyone is allowed to post, everywhere. Sorry!
Renjie
UTPL Private

Post by Renjie »

I think OTWS should be STRICTLY for vans.......
hairil
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by hairil »

Renjie wrote:I think OTWS should be STRICTLY for vans.......

agreed.
'coz there doesn't seem to be a proper site/forum dedicated to Vans shoes/apparel since this & the former OTW site.

also, perhaps the font colors for the header (User Control Panel, Messages, FAQ, etc) could be a little darker?
not sure about the rest, but it took me some time before i realised that it was there.

just my 2 cents.
thanks.
US 7.5 - US 8
Yes, I have small feet.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

Renjie wrote:I think OTWS should be STRICTLY for vans.......

Yeah thats pretty much what it is, yes we have a runners thread and skateboarding . You really think they should go ? Anyone else? I for one love that this is mostly Vans site, but don't mind seeing a few other things just to liven things up a lil.

And what about the Clothing threads? Only Vans clothing or just no clothing at all,would like to hear what people think .
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
Renjie
UTPL Private

Post by Renjie »

I think the runners,sb,jordan, etc. should go...

As for the clothing section, i think they should go too.....

IMO, our forum looks like a mini ISS..... and thats not what we should go for..

But thats only my two cents..... you guys could keep it if you'd like
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, trust me, I've put a lot of thought into what should be on here, and what shouldn't, but after this thing picks up steam, you'll get to like the community we are building, and before you know it, you're checking in on this forum, cause it's people you may know, or care to hear from...not just random people on the other huge forums. It's mainly a forum about Vans stuff, but watch, just like the old forum, it will grow into our own little community, centered around Vans. This site is more about the people who care to attach themselves to it, than rather it just be content driven. Over on SCC, we have one forum where we all interact with each other, to show whatever we just got, or are selling, or etc. It's random. Now we have our own home to run around and thrash all over! Invite more homies on to it, and it should grow. I want to get an automotive section up and running, a bike rider forum, maybe even DJs, who knows? ...and other subcultures, that share common interests...OffTheWall is just a platform for it! Find your niche on here, and take ownership of it. Post topics that are your interest, and keep it moving. Let us know what other forums should be added as well. We can get rid of the "other brands" forums if you want, but it's not doing anything by just being there. If it's dead, then we'll delete it, but maybe other OTWS Fam members will want to talk about upcoming SBs, runners, etc. God knows we all have other passions than just Vans, but Vans kicks don't really have a centralized outlet, except for here! Don't take it too seriously either, the more people, the more the forum will grow and change. Sit back and just hang loose! Peace! -Guam