Price Guide opinions.... vs price checks as requested.

Post suggestions as to what would help out this forum
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Price Guide opinions.... vs price checks as requested.

Post by silokinesis »

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, I was fishing around only briefly and don't recall any conversation --- but a Price Guide thread list can go either way -- it can be a huge asset or a giant mess.... but when selling old DS nike sb's I tend to use n-sb forum / price guide (or flight club and knock off 20%), and find it useful.

Just opening the idea for discussion if putting together a list / price guide is worth it at all? Since the Syndicate release list is somewhat humble, and Vault / Cali +popularly traded & sold special editions are probably about 200 pair total all in, its an idea thats seemingly not too large to tackle. Size is always the biggest factor, as a 9.0 may be impossible to find in one sku, and extremely available in another, so that can vary greatly of course.

I often find myself digging around the marketplace to see if someone is selling something similar etc, and am often surprised when a shoe is way higher or lower than I expected...so am always anxious that I may give a pair away, so to speak, if I'm not able to research it thoroughly. You guys that watch ebay all the time etc really seem to have an amazing grasp of whats out there and selling, and current pricing / value. I feel like a jerk asking for price checks on things all the time too.... so a list that could be edited by the mods, and people only respond when they can reference a more accurate price / correction, and then their posts get deleted, might be a clean, easy tool to add with some solid value longterm.

thoughts?
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Price Guide opinions.... vs price checks as requested.

Post by akamedaniel »

Im totally down for this.
After VansCollector.com went down, I had no place to turn to when I tried to downsize my collection. It would only make sense that we have such a thread(or even a separate site) on our forum, dedicated to pricing our shoes by size, condition, & color. You could put fair prices to a vote by an elite group of OTWS members who have the most experience with selling Vans.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

I'm def liking the idea of this.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

...And I guess we dont want to have people sign up and spam out the board JUST to use the price guide (at least thats my opinion) so to keep it DL maybe we can just sticky each appropriate price guide at the top of each category -- ie syndicate price guide on the syndicate section, etc.... maybe not even stickied... since it would be somewhat popular I would think, just out of use and updates it would stay relevant and on the first page of the thread.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

chrisVH wrote:I'm def liking the idea of this.
+1
sz 11
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

It would be really useful to have one. I figure we could all put our input in as far as what we've sold certain vans for or the going price we have seen from monitoring marketplaces/auctions.

I think it would be rad if we had some sort of shoe archive as well with a brief description spotlighting the release including information as far as it's story/history, availability, release year, and rarity.
TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

Love the idea, let me know if i can help with anything ^_^
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

TreatnHerRight wrote:Love the idea, let me know if i can help with anything ^_^
+1
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

TreatnHerRight wrote:Love the idea, let me know if i can help with anything ^_^
I know you for your Instagram hustle, but that's about it, hehe.

Are you the original vanscollector.com owner? They're still around on eBay, but have since let the website die.

...and btw, I am down to get this going. Perhaps I need to restructure my moderators, and pick out a few active members who want to be dedicated Moderators to the "vans shoes" section, perhaps? I'd like some help with creating these lists. You can do it on microsoft word, or wordpad and then copy and paste it when you're ready to post it. Any takers? This ain't no "look at me, I'm a mod" and shit. No ego's here, please. I've had to tell prior mods to "unsticky" their for sale posts, because that's just being a douchebag.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

I can make lists, I have plenty of free time to kill. Just let me know what you need. I can start with the Syndicate releases since that seems the be the focal point for now. I can list styles, dates, pictures, and colors, then I can send my list to someone who knows the prices better.
Sz 12
WANTED:
$$$$$$$
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^ yeah for syndicate you can just pretty much reference their website (for the most part... couple older releases image links are dead, and a couple are not accurate, or missing, and then its not up to date with last seasons, as we can see and we all know the rough spots). Would be nice to have consistent photos vs random stuff poached off the web, if you guys wanted to take it that far.

I was literally just thinking the releases in chronological order, any slang / descriptive name we all use, and then a price, with an * if there were any funky size / price jumps here and there for specific reason. But if you have the time to make it totally legit, like a timeline / release with all that, more power to you, it would be a true reference material. I started a site like that once ultimately to accommodate some extra pairs I had stashed, not just vans, but DS pairs I saved, just as a reference library / insure myself with, but got overwhelmed quickly...someday I'd like to finish it.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

A list should do fine for now, just to get it going. Syndicate is definitely going to be the easiest. So, do we agree that we should post each list up at the top of each corresponding section?
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

:?: subscribed

want to see this list up!
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

I've almost completed the Syndicate list. I have everything up to the Local Boyz/Ballistic Chukka Low/Derby releases.
I might need some help in getting the collection #'s for the last Syndicate drops (ie. Cab Lites, 8five2, & Stranger) are those all 021?

Also, I noticed those TNT II Mids are no longer on the Syndicate site. Can anyone give me the collection # on those?

And lastly, are there any other Exclusive Syndicate releases that im missing aside from:
-Carhartt Old Skool
-Street Machine Old Skool
-Civilist Chukka Low
-8five2 Zero Lo
-Supreme Zero Lo
-W)Taps Blackflag Sk8-Mid
-W)Taps Buffalo Boot (Japan)

Who should I send this to when im done, Bill you wanna take the reins?
Sz 12
WANTED:
$$$$$$$
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

You can post it up in the thread, and I'll add the pricing to it and stuff, no problem. So do you wanna be a mod Daniel? I can update your status if you want to be one.

The 8Five2 Zero Lo went by another name.
There's also an 8Five2 Versa Mid "S", as well as a Chukka Low, but that wasn't with "S". Just a Pro.
I think you pretty much have all of the special releases other than that.