EVERYTHING iPad

Phones, TVs, iPods, etc.
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

EVERYTHING iPad

Post by daewond3r »

Hey guys, I know a few of us have iPads so I figured I'd throw up a post for us to discuss these cool ass gadgets.

I got mine a couple weeks back and wasted no time jailbreaking it. It's become my go-to entertainment source. It's way easier to chill in bed with given its size and the fact that it doesn't burn up like my MBP does.

I've been killing time with Angry Birds HD, Infinity Blade, Osfoora HD (Twitter app), BBC News, and of course Pandora and the iPod app.

My friend just got me hip to this Cydia add-on called RetinaPad. Basically it (dramatically) improves the way iPhone/iPod apps look on the iPad. I had downloaded trillian (AIM app) but removed it cause the pixelation was horrible. Now it looks almost as if it were a legit iPad app. I'm about to test out Street Fighter IV once it finishes downloading. I highly recommend this!

That's it for now. Please chime in with you favorite apps, accessories, etc. :D
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: EVERYTHING iPad

Post by DJGuamstyles »

These are all iPhone apps, but may work on iPad/iPad2

NBA JAM is a must, if you were a fan of the O.G. Arcade and Genesis version. Almost identical! Some other apps I use are:

ESPN ScoreCenter - gives updates when games start for all your favorite teams, and updates on scores for each quarter, inning, half, final, etc.

Yelp, Foursquare - for finding new places, and for checking in when I feel like sharing.

Twitter, FaceBook, AIM - self explanatory

Tango - Free face-time chat without needing to be on WiFi

RedLaser - bar code scanner tool, to compare prices

House of Vans - kinda buggy, but it's a cool Vans app.

ProCamera - takes somewhat better pics than the standard camera, and has some manual settings as well.

PS Express - photoshop program if you need some quick edits.

StussyTag - kinda fun. Lets you make custom captions in Stussy font.

Find iPhone - Great App to find and track your phone if it's lost.

Square - If you sell stuff at shows, or events, then this is an app, that comes with a free credit card swiper that plugs into your phone, so you can take CC payments instantly. You can also manually type in the CC info, but for a higher fee. Similar fees to paypal, but dope as hell!

Chase - I am sold on this app now. I can pay bills, check balances like regular online login, BUT I can also deposit checks by just typing in the amount, and taking a pic of the front and back of the check. This is nuts! So dope, and it actually works. I deposited 2 checks so far, this way. I think it tends to pend for a day longer, though.

All Level Sys - a fun app that turns your iphone / ipad into a level, for hanging frames and what not.

iLlumination - not sure if the ipad2 has an LED flash, but this app turns the iphone into a flashlight. Best one, out of the many out there. It has a feature where you can type in a message, and it will convert it to morse-code flashes.

Media apps:

Pandora - internet radio

Shazam - hold the phone up to the song playing, and it will find it.

Netflix - stream movies right to your phone, that are on your instant queue

MusicDown - find and download new music.

Skype - video chat

BeatMaker - dope and complicated app, but I've managed to make some dope beats so far, with it. Similar to an MPC beat machine.

Games:

NBA JAM
Angry Birds
Words Free
Crazy Coaster
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

Should make this the iphone/ipad thread? I think that would work.

Anyway, my white ipad 2 turned out defective(Dead pixels) so I took it back and received a refund. I got a black 32 GB Wi-Fi model a little bit ago! I found out how to track them :mrgreen: so if anyone needs help finding one let me know.

I went ahead and took screen shoots of my iphones apps. I don't really use my phone for games. I haven't tried to, but I'm open to giving them a try so I'm looking forward to peoples input on some cool games :D

daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

I recently got Accuweather and im+ (instant messaging app). Both are really good for what the do!
Wanted:

Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

The Garage Band app is very nice. Spent some time playing with it this weekend.
size11.5
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

Stoopz wrote:The Garage Band app is very nice. Spent some time playing with it this weekend.

Downloading now.

Have you checked out the KORG app? It's pretty wild. I'm still confused with it. But I think once I get the interface down it could be really fun for (attempted) beat making.
Wanted:

Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

^I haven't bought it yet. I try not too just buy to many apps at once, because I'll get all ADD and keep jumping all over the place and never really explore the functionality of them. I'm going to give the GarageBand app a couple week and then I think I'll get the Korg app for sure. I wish Akai would make an MPC app for this damn thing already.
size11.5
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

I know exactly what you mean... I pick up my iPad all the time and swipe around, no idea what to play/browse/etc. I got too much all at once.
Wanted:

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Ditto on that Akai MPC App! The Beat Maker app is a close second, though! It can actually do a lot of stuff.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

I appreciate the fact that Akia has become so much more equipment based over the last few years, but there base product is perfect for software applications - such as the MPC. If they came out with a substantial version that ran well on the iPad, I'd pay 50-100 bucks for it easily.
size11.5