iPhone 4S

Phones, TVs, iPods, etc.
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

iPhone 4S

Post by luisnskates »

Alright so preorders kick off in about 9 hours. It'll be out on the 14th. Who's upgrading or considering buying the iPhone 4S? It's $450 for my upgrade, but I'm still buying :lol:. Also is anyone switching carriers now that Sprint is offering it?
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: iPhone 4S

Post by jacobmontana »

Im gonna get the 64gb as soon as i possibly can, def dissapointed they didnt drop a 5 but this will hold me over...
Instagram: jakemontana1
Twitter: JacobMontana
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Both of my parents are due for an upgrade. I just got the Verizon iPhone awhile back when it first released, and I'm not sure if I wanna use an upgrade, just to get an 8 mp camera, and slightly more talk time, but less standby time. What other features did it have over the 4? On the Verizon site, it says it's not a world phone, so does that mean Verizon has their own version of the 4S again? I thought it was CDMA/GSM all in one.
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Both of my parents are due for an upgrade. I just got the Verizon iPhone awhile back when it first released, and I'm not sure if I wanna use an upgrade, just to get an 8 mp camera, and slightly more talk time, but less standby time. What other features did it have over the 4? On the Verizon site, it says it's not a world phone, so does that mean Verizon has their own version of the 4S again? I thought it was CDMA/GSM all in one.

The 4s is DEF a world phone. It has a dual core a5 chip, so its much faster. Yes, better camera/camcorder. More RAM, picture editing & that Siri assistant thing looks sooooo dope!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah the dual core chip and more RAM is a definite plus, but I'll probably hold off til the 5. This release is for those with 3G or 3GS' I guess.
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Yeah the dual core chip and more RAM is a definite plus, but I'll probably hold off til the 5. This release is for those with 3G or 3GS' I guess.

Yeah i guess your right...cause most people who got the 4, did it last year.
Real nice upgrade from the 3g or 3gs fosho.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

jacobmontana wrote:
DJGuamstyles wrote:Yeah the dual core chip and more RAM is a definite plus, but I'll probably hold off til the 5. This release is for those with 3G or 3GS' I guess.

Yeah i guess your right...cause most people who got the 4, did it last year.
Real nice upgrade from the 3g or 3gs fosho.

If AT&T would have done the entry price upgrade that they did for the 3GS users to the 4 - than I definitely would upgrade. When the 4 came out, I had two phones on our plan - one 3GS and a 2G and was paying over $100 + a month and AT&T let us upgrade them both for entry prices without being past our 2 year contact agreement.

I can wait until April (most likely) for the 5 to drop though.
size11.5
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

^^^Im thinking June.
Wouldnt it make sense for Apple to go back to the annual June iphone release now?
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

Yeah, they have traditional announced the new phones in June...I'm not quite sure what I was thinking.
size11.5
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

I will say this...Siri is very very dope.
Might just be the first step of the machine take over lol.
miles_hi
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by miles_hi »

i went from a 3gs to a 4s.
and i think its crazy so fast,
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

Stepped up from an HTC Legend to the 4S.

Trying to use iOS as if it were android is an annoying habit, but I'm adjusting. This phone is stupid fast, the camera does an amazing job, and thanks to a few choice recommendations from friends, I'm finding the app store to have a lot of really awesome things as well.

I dig android, but there's a place for iOS in my pocket as well.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

Anybody who had the earlier version of the iPhones (who have been traditionally really good with battery life) having problems with the 4S?
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

My bro's 4S has horrible battery life. He power cycled the battery when he first got it, and everything, to ensure not shortening the lifespan of the battery. Looks like a widespread problem already! He called Apple, and eventually after going through every step of basic troubleshooting, they decided that his battery is no good. They sent him a new phone, to swap out.
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

What sort of battery life is he seeing?

I'm charging it every day to day and a half, but I think I'm using it pretty heavily, especially with a couple hours of games with my commute to and from work.

Maybe I’ve low expectations for a smartphone, but it seems to me that if you’re actually using it, a day to day and a half on a charge is reasonable. Anyone getting close to 200hrs of it on standby shouldn’t have a smartphone :) That said, I haven’t really paid attention to how the battery drains on standby, and maybe that’s people’s issue. I just keep using it, so I don’t notice a problem, really.