What are you listening to now

Tv shows, Movies, Radio shows, podcasts, new music, etc.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: What are you listening to now

Post by skorone »

Nausea gets me pumped for the day .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGzypUk5vQ
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Last Call - Kanye West - The College Dropout.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I liked Kanye back then, more than now. He's too "artsy" for lack of a better term, and his style's more sophisticated, but less entertaining. His older stuff connects to the fans as well. In our reality, acting like an asshole, doesn't actually get you further in life. Go ahead and try it. Well okay, it may work on girls, but try it with your bosses, your neighbors, your friends...hehe, then see how that attitude goes.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

i actually like the more artsy Kanye West style better , i thought that 808's and heartbreaks album was dope. Haven't really heard anything newer than that other than Power and the MTV Music awards performance. But yeah i do admit he acts cooler and holier than now.

And Guam thanks for the asshole advice , i will let you know how it goes with my boss and wife.
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

forgot to post what i was listening to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8zdLQuZp0
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I totally agree. I think kanye is trying too hard. He needs to let it come to him. His sound isn't even natural anymore. It feels forced and fake. You can see/hear glimpses of the old kanye when he colabs wirh other rappers. I remember reading about his relationship with Lupe and Mos Def. And they're my 2 favorite rappers, I can listen to them for days. I wish we could bring the old ye back. But at the same time I respect him as an artist and also a pioneer. It takes balls to make that change that he did. He pretty much switched genres, to some kind of weird ass hybrid thing. I didn't buy 808s. But I'm looking forward to the new one that's coming. Can't think of ye name off of the top of my head at the moment. But there's some pretty sick people on it. It should be dope. Although I wasn't a fan of his VMA performance. Pusha was cool though.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yup, his older stuff told more entertaining stories, or had messages told in an entertaining/funny/dramatic way...i.e. Gold Digger, Big's Brother, Diamonds, heck, even Through the Wire? Lyrics and flow are still amazing, but the content isn't being told to me anymore. I can't relate. Hehe, can you?
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I used to be a huge Kanye fan. My favorite song for a long time was Two Words from College Dropout. When I listen to music I really respect an attest that can fill his song with content from the first to last note. I think that's why I never liked hip hop until I was a little older, until I got into Atmosphere, Mos Def, Dilated Peoples... I though it was just random noise abbot guns, bling, drugs, crime, and pimps and hoes. Lupe Has a song Dumb it Down about not selling out and staying true and not selling out, staying true to your roots and just do you. It was basicly a big F you to his record label. Pretty much the same story as Love Song by Sara Barrilles. If you don't know the story look into it. It's good to know people think like that. I'm not saying Kanye Dumbed it down, but he's just so wierd and different now. It's a different guy, this is Kanye 2. I try not to knock any ones hustle. I try to treat everyone with respect, and give them a chance. Kanye is an artist and his work is his work. Maybe we don't get it, but it hits other people. There's definitely a drought right now though. I feel the same way about Eminem. But they're also all business men, did the money get to them. Probably, but I'm not gonna say anything. I'd probably do the same. I actuLlh probably spent like 2-3 month without any rap or hip hop not too long ago, I was just tired of it.

Now playing: Da Rockwilder - Blackout! Red and Mef!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Fuck yeah, Da Rockwilder. I think I wore that record out, from playing it so much, back when I DJ'd a lot more. Good build up for a house party jam. But yeah, the older artists like Eminem, it's just not the right time for them to come back. Rap and Hip-Hop is in a different place right now. It's all electronica sounding, and fast paced. In 97-99, my high school years, hard house was taking over the radio, then about 00-01 it became all about trance...then it died out. So did the raving that coincided with it. Now, it's 10 years later, and that shit's back like it's something new, including the raves! Some how Hip-Hop managed to release some groundbreaking music back then, and artists like Eminem. Also The Chronic 2001 came out too. Classic. Now days, I think artists are more concerned about staying relevant, probably since there's the internet, for an outlet now. Not that hard to get noticed, if you're good...or bad (i.e. Tosh.0 tv show). I think that's also why Dre keeps postponing his new album, because the music scene keeps changing...and he has to find a way to make his style mesh with what's popular now...or wait until it changes again, hehe. My personal taste is anything that has exceptional beats, that hit hard, and thump. Dirty South, and the West Coast got that sound on lock. If I want to hear the best lyrics, then that most likely will come from someone from the East Coast, or North.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Now playing: Game Theory by The Roots on Game Theory.

I think if Dres album is as good as we expect from him he should just drop it when ever its done, if he can do now what hes done in the past then he will change the scene, or at least shift the focus to his style and rappers like him. I think alot of the older rappers, I guess Kanye included have their own record labels now, with wack rappers under them, Jay-Z is on his way to being a billionaire. They realized that shitty albums by stupid rappers are more profitable and alot cheaper to make, the profit margins are right, and thats more important than the sound. Mainstream hip hop has become a business, it is no longer about artistic freedom and self expression. Thats why all of the top songs have, Lil Wayne AND T.I. AND Eminem AND Drake AND Kanye and everyone else in the scene. We're due for something good though, I was really excited about Cudi, I thought he'd be the one to turn it around, When the Kid from Cleveland mixtape came out I was blown away, but once Snoop and everyone else got their hand on him they turned him into everyother rapper. I think he had some really good songs with some decent lyrical content and a unique sound with a little slower tempo. I'm kinda bummed that that didnt go the way I wanted, He might as well be B.O.B. I think the Rap scene sold out. I also blame iTunes, there is no longer a reason to release an album with 10+ good songs, all you need is 1 or 2. People will eat that shit up, youll sell ringtones and no one will buy the entire album. I also love iTunes though, most convenient thing EVER!

Now Playing: Am I High by N.E.R.D. on In Search Of. . .

Did you go to rock the bells? I really wanted to go but for some reason it just didnt happen.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Not this year, but I went last year. Miserably hot last year, when Tribe headlined. They had a bad performance IMO, and Nas's set was the most entertaining. Plus he sounded the same as he does on his albums. Too many performances sound like a bunch of babbling idiots on stage, shouting into a mic, and it's all distorted, so you can't hear what they're saying. Wasn't impressed with a lot of the acts. And true, singles is where it's at. Make that quick money. Get airplay, get lots of cash, then on to the next one. It's like piecework. Albums mean long tours to follow, and more work. Everyone's just got the business down to a science now. It's always about the dollar in the end to the bosses, and now days, the bosses are the rappers who've came up, and signed new "talent" under them. Although, Lil' Wayne's Young Money label is highly talented, and diverse. Drake, and Nikki Minaj are on some new shit, and I must say I like it a lot. They definitely don't represent the "dumbed down" rap that we have been shoveled over the past few years.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Drake is growing on me, and Nikki Minaj cypher was DOPE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPfkry2fdiQ

Now Playing: Number One by John Legend on Get Lifted
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

skavengerbrandon
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by skavengerbrandon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=punkmNPE ... re=related

Brand New- I believe you but my Tommy gun don't
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Did anyone catch Kanyes performance on SNL? I think he did really well, ONLY KANYE could have pulled this off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ajqsmW7bF8

Now playing: ABC by Jackson 5 on ABC, CLASSIC, Jackson 5 could get down! I love that funky stuff!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Currently listening to the Nausea track skorone posted above... It's been a while since I've listened to them.

Been listening to the Ramones a lot lately. "Rockaway Beach" has been in my head all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79S5k1pgWZU
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.