[Official] Vans Custom Shoe Order picture thread

Custom shoe artist's creations.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: [Official] Vans Custom Shoe Order picture thread

Post by wolfstrice09 »

I'm mad they did away with the "custom made by (your name)" on the insole where it just says custom design... I bought some like 3 or 4 years ago and that what they said... also on the sole of the shoe... cutting costs I guess...
sz12
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Imagine if Vans started doing a customs studio like Nike, with materials, custom insoles, etc? Or even better yet, go back to their roots, and let customers bring in their own materials to make custom one-offs in a local factory. All they have to do is charge $150 or more a pair, and bam, they'll be good to go. People pay that much for some other Vans these days! I'd pay for it. IT CAN BE DONE!!!
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by 5150marley »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Imagine if Vans started doing a customs studio like Nike, with materials, custom insoles, etc? Or even better yet, go back to their roots, and let customers bring in their own materials to make custom one-offs in a local factory. All they have to do is charge $150 or more a pair, and bam, they'll be good to go. People pay that much for some other Vans these days! I'd pay for it. IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Ahh the good old days with the ring of fabrics to choose from hanging behind the counter of my local Vans shop.....
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

I was thinking about that in the mall I work at... right across from the Vans store there is this place that customizes shirts and jewelry and other stuff like that... I always think "it was be awesome if that was a Custom Vans store!" that'd be awesome!! and to be able to pick the color of the sole and outsole!! that'd be sick too!
sz12
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

That would be really cool. It would probably be in So Cal too. :)
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Imagine if Vans started doing a customs studio like Nike, with materials, custom insoles, etc? Or even better yet, go back to their roots, and let customers bring in their own materials to make custom one-offs in a local factory. All they have to do is charge $150 or more a pair, and bam, they'll be good to go. People pay that much for some other Vans these days! I'd pay for it. IT CAN BE DONE!!!

It would be even better if they brought old prices for customs and normal releases. :lol:
Back in the old days (days which I don't remember :P) there were shops that carried Vans and allowed customers to place an order for custom Vans'. They had catalogues with fabrics and different kinds of midsoles - colors, prints and shit. You had to wait like 2 months, but it definitely was worth it!

How long have you waited for your 106' Billy? Is that Syndicate/Vault-like gum on the foxing?
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

They took about a month or so. Maybe a little longer. It's the same foxing as on any standard GR Vans. It doesn't have the shiny-speckled texture, or the painted texture either, just the standard black sole with an olive green foxing stripe that matches the canvas.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

wolfstrice09 wrote:I'm mad they did away with the "custom made by (your name)" on the insole where it just says custom design... I bought some like 3 or 4 years ago and that what they said... also on the sole of the shoe... cutting costs I guess...

For real? I wonder if I missed that... I did 2 custom pairs about 5 or 6 years ago, when they first started it back up again, and they don't have that. I did another one last winter and they had the same insole as the older pairs. Bummer.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

yeah I got them for my Lil brothers birthday 3 years ago! it said on the insole Custom Made by Thane and again on the actual sole of the shoe... it was a regular waffle sole but it had the inprint like the Zapatos sole does and said Custom Made by Thane... it was the coolest thing ever! I would post a pic but he left them at a friends house last year and havent seen em since... I'm wondering now if it was something that they just did for a very little while and maybe it cost too much idk
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Oh man, that's a bummer I missed out on that! I definitely would've made a pair had I known that was going on.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

That sounds really cool. I'd buy a pair for sure if I knew about that.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Shoe Pickup Thread

Post by Derek »

I wish...
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

WHAT????? PS?
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Lol yeah, Photoshop. So legit. It'd be awesome to see someone do an actual custom of these.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Those would fly off of the shelves.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted