Post up your artistic work here.
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

2011 Photography Thread:

Post by ryanskeet »

new year new thread!

Disney California Adventures
Last edited by ryanskeet on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: 2011 Photography Thread :

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Cali Adventure looks nice all finished! Last year, when my girl and I had passes, all we saw was construction right there.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

yeah I was down there on Spring Break in 09 and it was all construction but I've seen pics of it now and its freakin sweet!
sz12
crisone
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by crisone »

Nice Ryan....and no people??? What time of day and when??? I'd love to shoot that FF with a 16-35.

Cris.
IG: @crisone
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

Yeah I definitely feel you guys on the construction. So we'd always be over at disneyland playing buzz lightyear. Lol. Do you plan on renewing your pass guam?

Cris, it was a Monday night right before they closed. We didn't know that they closed early on those not so busy days so we tried to get on one ride since we were already there & actually there's 2 workers sweeping on the dock (near the 2nd floatie lol) but it would look really nice w/ the 16-35 cause on the left of the ferris wheel is paradise pier!
Last edited by ryanskeet on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah man, I might renew our passes next year, or something like that. It was fun, and kinda sorta kept me from buying as many kicks. I guess that's all in my head though. Do you guys ever enter through the Grand California Hotel entrance? Less crowded, and it drops you right over by Soarin' and the outdoor forest area. You guys collect pins? That shit was addicting, and stupid expensive! AND hella fakes in that game. Tons of counterfeit pins are out there. It's kinda died down now, cause there's been some crazy drama with some pin releases. Crazy Disney pintraders!
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

oops forgot to post this pic up as well

At first I wasn't really into getting the pass, but then I figured if I even go 4 times out of the year that'll pay off my pass vs paying for tickets every visit. And it's just nice cause it's something to do when you don't have anything else to do. I wish I could legally drink.. then I'd have more of a reason to go. &No I haven't gone through the GCH entrance I will definitely do that next time! Never got into the pin collecting, but I always see collectors & how wild they go for em
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: 2011 Photography Thread:

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I tried getting into the pin trading stuff, as another hustle, but I couldnt do it, stuff like that is hard when you are doing that just for money, there was no other reason for me to be trading, it didnt bring me any pleasure, and not enough money, it was more work than anything else. But I was at the park like 5 days a week one summer, so it seemed logical. I cant remember not having a pass, I rarely use it anymore, but I have it, lol.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Pin trading is a whole other beast. I just sold my Disney SOda Fountain UP pins, a complete 6-pin set for $240 + $19 shipping to the UK. I bought the set for like $75 or something like that. That's a rare profit, and almost never happens, but it can. People want that Grape Soda "Ellie" badge pin. There's a few other really valuable pins out there, but it should be about collecting your favorite characters. My girl is a crazy Stitch fan, so most of her collection is Stitch. You think camping for shoes is bad, try 500 people lining up at Disneyland in the morning, for a $13 pin! They're crazy retarded, and I had to ween myself off of that hype machine, hehe.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

People go crazy over the Disney stuff, and its a life long thing, and a multigenerational thing, people are so attatched to the characters, movies and parks. Its amazing how great Disney is with this stuff, and now they have the vinylmation figures, which are pretty cool.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

PONR
UTPL Private

Post by PONR »

AND123W
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by AND123W »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Pin trading is a whole other beast. I just sold my Disney SOda Fountain UP pins, a complete 6-pin set for $240 + $19 shipping to the UK. I bought the set for like $75 or something like that. That's a rare profit, and almost never happens, but it can. People want that Grape Soda "Ellie" badge pin. There's a few other really valuable pins out there, but it should be about collecting your favorite characters. My girl is a crazy Stitch fan, so most of her collection is Stitch. You think camping for shoes is bad, try 500 people lining up at Disneyland in the morning, for a $13 pin! They're crazy retarded, and I had to ween myself off of that hype machine, hehe.

I like how your saying people going crazy over pins, it was pretty crazy for a while, now everyones on that vinylmation tip. Star wars vinylmation just came out and sold out the first day. i bought a box for $188. comes with 24 boxes. 2 sets in the box and a rare "chaser" but disney had the great idea of making a ultra rare chaser and i got that one! and look how much i just sold it for.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vinylmati ... 500wt_1156
Talk about disney fanatics right there LOL!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Fuck yeah! $382 FTMFW! I want to buy my girl and I a pass again, cause this year all of our friends have one, and last year, we were all alone there, with our pins! I have the first 4 sets of Vinylmation pins, but once they started whoring them out like every other month, and then creating the toy sets, I just had to quit. It's funny though, how they tapped into that vinyl toy culture, and followed suit with creating blind boxes, and chasers, just like KidRobot, Medicom, etc. They really know how to get that money from their fans! Star Wars licensing just makes it even that much more collectible, and brings in a whole other group of collector. Effin' Disney!
Mister T
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Mister T »

KIDULT

JC/DC
Agnès B
Colette
crisone
UTPL General
UTPL General