Vans LXVI

Available at retail Vans locations.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Vans LXVI

Post by rocketgoof »

Haha, coincidentally enough I got a pair of the Mint parameter's in the mail yesterday that I decided to grab from 6pm.com. Being a huge fan of sk8-hi's, I was really interested in trying these out. They are a little stiffer around the collar than I expected, not so stiff that it's uncomfortable, just not as plush as I think a "pleasure cuff" should feel. haha Whatever the material is that they used for the "leather" will need some breaking in as well.

I feel like after a few wears these will be really comfortable, but I don't think I'll be wearing them until next summer. The side panels are super thin mesh, so they will be great for hot summer days, but not too great for winter! haha Kind of a bummer cuz I am anxious to give them a full wear! Maybe on a random warm day sometime.

All in all, I'd say they're the coolest pair of LXVI's that have been out. I kinda want to get the gray/blue/red checkered pair that is in this current season's line-up when they end up on sale (as I'm sure they will)...
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

I'm not really feeling these, more-so the technology.
IMO the Rapidweld technology makes the shoe look a lot cheaper (ironically they tend to be pricier).
I understand the benefits behind this technology, but I feel like I need to be able to see that my shoe is well constructed, and feel that my shoe is made of material's that can take some beating.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I will say that these definitely aren't for skating. The side panels are a very thin mesh, so you can see the inner lining through them. But then, the LXVI line has always been a "lifestyle" brand and said they're not meant for skating.

One thing I like about these is that they remind me of some crazy 80's "high tech" high top. haha Probably because they're based on the sk8-hi, of course.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.