Ripped Dark Knights

Kobe, Lebron, Penny, etc.
BRANDED
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Ripped Dark Knights

Post by BRANDED »

Anyone else have problems with their Kobe Vs? Loved the shoe overall but my outrigger on the sole of the shoe ripped because it sticks out so far. Now when I make sharp cuts the outrigger will actually roll under the shoe and tear even more, causing the sole to further separate from the midsole. Frustrating.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Ripped Dark Knights

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I talked to someone that has a similiar problem, he told me that he emailed nike and they nstructed him to take them to where ever he bought them from and he should be able to recieve a full refund or exchange, Nike has a 1 year warranty on their shoes. You should look into that, there is no reason you should pay that much and have to play in broken shoes, if its possible you should look into the Lebrons, I got mine and I love them, they're significantly heavier, but they feel amazing, and it isnt showing very much wear and tear yet.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Best info yet, on that 1yr warranty thing. Never heard of it before. I knew when I was in high school, kids used to poke needles in their air max bubbles, to return the shoes, to get something else...scandalous!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I've never heard of people popping their bubbles. Hahaha. "My '95s are flat. . ."
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yup, except my friends were all into basketball shoes. I was in high school from (96-99), so it was more like..."my Penny's are flat, or my Air Max Uptempo's are flat...Mom, we need to take these back!" They would insert the needle right at the edge of the air bubble, where the sole meets it. I don't even know why I'm sharing this info, hehe.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Wow, I wonder how often this happens, I bet those same guys are teaching their kids the same trick, you would NEVER have to buy kicks again as long as they have an exposed bubble. Mom probably thinks Nike makes crappy shoes.

Branded: I'd call Nike to confirm that this is true and take them down footlocker or whatever, the only crappy thing is that you wont be able to get the same colorway, but I dont really care what my bball shoes look like, I wore bright red Hyperdunks for 2 years because they were $60 rather than $100+, totally not my style, now I'm rocking the all black Lebron VII.

AND GET THE LEBRON VII!!!! theyre comfy, tough, and overall a great shoe, my only complaint is I feel like I slip and slide a little with them, there is a lack of traction. But maybe I'm just running to fast!, plus if they do wear down you can always POP THE BUBBLE! :twisted:
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

OH geez, what did I start?!
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by skorone »

HAHA , lets see GUAM!
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
BRANDED
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by BRANDED »

Forgot I started this thread.

UPDATE: Thanks for the info guys. I contacted Nike and got a voucher for the full MSRP then redeemed it at Niketown Beverly Hills. Does suck I wasn't able to get the same pair, but the refund was the best case scenario. It was super easy too. Just went through their website, printed out a submission page, sent the shoes in with the receipt. Received the voucher in a couple weeks.

Guam - I heard about people doing that too! With the More Uptempos you had like 8 or 10 different air bubbles to choose from.