VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Vans' Core-Skater line.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Post by rocketgoof »

Ahh, that's what I'm screamin'! I used to scour the net until I found a lead to a pair I was hunting for in the Vault/Syndicate lines... Now, I either have to wait for 'em to hit ebay and typically pay an inflated price or hope that I can find someone reselling them on a forum. As much as I know that Vans want those lines to have a special appeal and draw people into shops, there are a lot of people like me who don't have that option. Then I see all the stuff people find at the rack and it's even worse cuz Vans never hit the rack here! But there's also NO reason why that many vaults and syndicates should be hitting discount outlets.

I know I could call and email around to shops, but it's also hard finding the time to do that during the day when shops are open. Emailing works sometimes, if I get a response back from the shop, but then I also have to figure out a time to go and call the shop to place the order then... Unless they have a paypal account set up, which some don't. Either that or I just get lazy and don't feel like having to deal with that many extra steps unless it's a release I'm REALLY after. I'm guessing the vast majority of the population is like that too. It's WAY easier to pull the trigger on something when all you have to to is click a mouse than it is to shoot out emails or phone calls to random shops. The people on this board are especially passionate about their Vans, so I know a lot of us take those steps, but that's also making it harder to draw more people like us in. Or even just get sales from a casual buyer who stumbles upon a release and likes what they see.

Heck, I picked up a ton of releases just cuz they sorta looked good to me back when they were available online. Now, I've gotta really be craving them to go ahead and take the extra steps other than waiting for resellers to pop up on ebay or forums(even then, by the time I get around to it, most shops are sold out of what I'm looking for). So, if even half the community is somewhat like me, I'm sure these limitations on how Vault and Syndicate can be sold are hurting those lines. It's less personal, but it'll help keep those lines and the shops afloat.

The least Vans could do is update the Vault and Syndicate sites to have a current list of what shops are carrying the lines... And if they really want to be helpful, a little footnote of which shops are getting what releases would be super helpful... But I know that's wishful thinking, haha.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I completely understand the reason for restricting online sales. I just think they need to be more realistic and flexible with it, I think it would benefit everyone if they had some clause like, let the shoes sit on shelves for a month, after a month you can throw them online. Know what I mean? Its not the best, but at this point we'll take what we can get. But at the same time, I know when NO means NO. Sometimes you NEED to be firm.

Brant and Silo are LIFE SAVERS!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Oh, I totally understand why they are restricting online sales. It's awesome that Vans cares that much about creating a unique shopping experience that they are willing to do so. But they're also sacrificing sales by doing that, and that's hurting the shops they're trying to help just as much as it's hurting them, maybe even more. It's just not terribly realistic in this day and age to expect something that was helped to flourish through the use of the internet to be able to continue at the same level of success by cutting that access off. Granted, it's strictly been word of mouth that we've heard that the Vault and Syndicate lines have taken a hit lately, but assuming that's the case, it sure seems to line up quite nicely with when they started imposing those restrictions. I like the idea of being able to put stuff up if it's sat around for a month. Or for broader releases like the latest wtaps, being allowed to put 'em up online, but for the more limited releases, not being allowed to do so unless they sit on shelves for a certain amount of time, like you said.

I think it's also easier for me to complain about the lack of online sales since I've always been able to resort to the internet and have no store options anywhere nearby. I've bought every single Vault and Syndicate pair of Vans I own online(and 90% of my GR's. Journeys and Urban only offer so much), one way or another. I often dream of the day I'll get to have a shop nearby, or be near a shop, that has a release I'm looking forward to and just be able to walk in and pick them up on the release day(and not have to pay extra for shipping). :) The thrill of the hunt is great, but it also can get tiresome at times.

At least we have Brant/Silo around! But I sure hope some Vault dealer starts following his methods cuz those are the pairs I keep missing out on!

In the meantime, I finally signed up for a twitter account so I can keep better track of shops that might be carrying releases I'm after... haha

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Also, why does it seem like there are a few shops that still can put up some of the syndicate releases? I've seen hosoi bash's on SPOT, wtaps on UBS, and I saw the brooks release somewhere, but I forget where... Did they just decide to go out on a limb and endanger their account? Did they have permission? Did other shops get permission and just not use it?

wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

I'm not sure why but foreign accounts are allowed to put Syndicates on and UNDFTD put the Brooks online...
sz12
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Foreign accounts have different rules, and yes the US spots that put their stuff online, did it by accident, or just wanted to take a chance with it. Honestly, Brant is also going out on a limb by selling by phone orders for us, but maybe there's no rules against that! I was thinking about this conversation last night, and honestly, it's all speculation, all started by Jonli, haha! There's no OFFICIAL word from the people we know who work at Vans, even though there are some signs out there that we can come to a valid conclusion on. We're like Fox news, hehe. Get everyone all up in a frenzy, purely off of speculation. It is exciting though!
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

yeah written documentation from vans says no online store sales, no listing of prices of vault or syndicate styles. from what i understand, accounts that do so in the usa are risking their account being frozen. Phone sales are always a bit of a loophole...you'll see a lot of shops list nike sb QS, vans vault, visvim etc on their webstores, but then require to call in to order. That is their way of following the rules, but still be able to feel out a customer and obviously sell items. I think its more about qty control than anything...that way a customer cant buy out a whole stock w/out speaking to anyone.

I feel i am legitimate to sell to a few friends on otws because there are guys like, for example cris, that i have been in contact with in some way or form and sold shoes to for probably close to 8 years now, and even though we are in different states etc, we have built a retail/customer relationship even though he may rarely/never step foot in my physical door. Once a customer is established, i dont care if they move to antartica, i will find a way to get them the pair of shoes that they want. I feel that is good customer service.

At the same time if i get a phone call / email from who-knows-where and a guy asks if i have the new releases, and seemingly doesn't care what size he gets or is hunting for multiple sizes, i'll say they are sold out. I do all i can as a retailer not to discriminate, but filter out the noise/reseller and only focus on the customer that is being brought in by genuine personal interest, not to just flip for a buck. It's not for me to decide who gets what shoe, but i will do my best to focus the niche and sell to the honest market. With a brand like syndicate, its obvious who gets it, and who doesnt.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

:?: well said.
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, customer service isn't only sought after by our grandparents! It's a great model to go by, and nobody can say anything bad about that. It's definitely all about building that relationship with the shops, and find ways to contribute back, whether it's passing the word along to others, buying your releases from them, hooking them up with your own services or product, etc. "Quid Pro Quo Muthafuckaaaa!" - Ken Jeong.
JohnWang730
UTPL Private

Post by JohnWang730 »

Hey brothers im new to the site but live in AZ. Sidewalk Surfer in Scottsdale has an account and Cowtown in Tempe,Phoenix,and Glendale all carry some Syndicates but not a whole lot. Oh yeah Sidewalk Surfer has Vaults and California I believe as well.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Check out to see what's on sale, and also post up any good older releases, like Zero Lo's and what not.
NSDCA
UTPL Private

Post by NSDCA »

Vans Syndicate Versa Mid just dropped.
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

NSDCA wrote:Vans Syndicate Versa Mid just dropped.

Got any more info? I can't find anything about a Syndicate Versa.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »