VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Vans' Core-Skater line.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Post by wolfstrice09 »

yeah come on man you gotta give us more than that...
sz12
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

itll probably all get leaked or released by the weekend, but if not ill get proper info up as soon as they are instore here friday and i can legitimately let the cat out of the bag.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

:shock: Keepin' my eyes peeled.
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

If anything has to go they can take Syndicate. Not my Vault line </3
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

Derek wrote:If anything has to go they can take Syndicate. Not my Vault line </3

you wouldn't rather do away with CA or OTW?!!? I'd keep Syndicate and Vault over those anyday...
sz12
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

In my opinion Ca in 2010 was pretty much equal to Vault in good releases. They can close down the OTW dept., they have shitty releases anyway.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Although I do like the bedfords and larkins, I'd be ok if they did away with OTW. CA is ok, but most of their releases just seem a little more upscale than GR's. A bit better cushioning and materials, but not a lot of variation. Vault seems to have the same kind of thing but with a lot more variety and experimentation.

Best thing CA did last year were the wingtips. Comparatively, I think I liked Vault's spectator shoes even more, mostly due to the materials. Just comparing those two since they're era/authentic adaptations of classic dress shoes. Also, vault did the wingtip thing before, with better materials. (I am biased towards smooth leather over suede, though)

If they can only keep two, stick with Vault and Syndicate. CA and OTW are nice, but haven't made their mark quite like Vault and Syndicate have.

That said, I'm super pump for those black sk8-hi's and old skools CA is putting out!
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

rocketgoof wrote:CA and OTW are nice, but haven't made their mark quite like Vault and Syndicate have.

Well, probably because they're a lot younger than Vault :) Anyways, I see a bright future for CA and hope there will be more dope releases from it.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Haha, oh, I understand that! They definitely could use more time to get established.

OTW has more of a distinguishable mark so far, in my opinion, due to the fact that they came up with all new models for it. Then again, so far, those models haven't been quite as successful as they may have hoped. It'll be interesting to see how that line goes.

CA uses classic Vans models, but also doesn't seem to experiment with them like vault or syndicate. They're mostly solid colorways with nicer quality materials than GR's, but not quite as nice as Vault or Syndicate, and they seem to be trying to appeal to a more grown up market perhaps? I think it'll be hardest for them to leave a mark with this line since as of yet, it's a really simple line (naturally making it harder to make a mark). It seems to be a middle ground between GR's and Vault/Syndicate with rather safe, toned down colorways. It's all nice, but none of it has really broken any new ground like I think Vault, Syndicate, and OTW have all done at least. The heel tab isn't even usually too different from a Vault heel tab, other than the "California" on it. It would be interesting to see what the business plan behind the CA line is.

Come to think of it, both lines almost feel like they're supposed to be "grown-up" versions of the Classic and Core lines, respectively. Vans did a lot of that across the board this year. I can't think of as many crazy releases in any line as they've had in years past.

This whole discussion probably should be taking place in some other thread, I guess. haha

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

wolfstrice09 wrote:
Derek wrote:If anything has to go they can take Syndicate. Not my Vault line </3

you wouldn't rather do away with CA or OTW?!!? I'd keep Syndicate and Vault over those anyday...

Vault > Syndicate > CA > GR > > > > > > > > > OTW

& with the way they're producing Zero Lo color ways, I doubt Syndicate'll be gone.
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

i think vans should keep syndicate and vault. I like the fact that syndicate cater to core skateshops and meant to be for skateboarding, and not just fashion. and dude, when you hear the word syndicate. it sounds really fuckin' badass. like you want to go as fast as possible and do gnarly stuff.
I LIKE IT ROUND LIKE THE MOON
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I agree with alot that is being said, one thing I dont like is people that talk alot, make alot of noise and say nothing at all; if you dont have anything good to say, SHUT THE FUCK UP! I think Syndicate is saying alot with very few words. There is a meaning and purpose for every drop. I like the back stories that the website provided up until the 011 season. Now, I'm not saying the Syndicate line sold out and has no purpose, I'm just saying they are failing to provide us with a complete package. The truth of the matter is Vans does not have the same following and fan base as Nike, for them to expect the amount of success that the Nike SB line has from the Syndicate line is just asking too much.

Supply and demand:
I think they might have been a little too frugal in some spaces and too generous in others. Ex: It seems like everyone who wanted one got a pair of W)Taps this time around, no one was left out. People would probably pay a little more than the current asking price for them if they did cut the numbers back. There were definitley more than enough to go around. They've had huge success with Tet and W)tap in the past, and you shouldnt expect anything less this time around, especially with a familiar, proven theme. If these shoes were a little more rare, and more sout after people would talk, it would get into the NSB circle, and in turn spark more interest in the Syndicate line, its all about anticiation.

I know we've had discussions in the past about the number of pairs Vault and Syndicate produce, and no one seems to have an answer. I dont even know where to start guessing, with the Brooks release dropping 1000 pairs that should give us some sort of gauge, I would assume that since they made such a big effort to say "There are ONLY 1000 pairs of these shoes, so they are special!" There are a little under 300 members on this site, and I know not all of them are active, but assuming we ALL got a pair, and I know not all of us did, there are still SEVEN HUNDERED pairs unaccounted for out in the world. 1000 just sounds like a large number to me, especially when you are catering to such a small demographic, There are shoes that sell out even fastere than these did; Supremes, DSNB (07), Taka Pendleton. . . That have no set (public) amount that are less popular, and probably have fewer pairs produced. I know the cost of production is always lower when you have lower numbers, the GR line is probably much more profitable for Vans, so by the numbers there is probably no reason to have a Vault, Syndicate, California, or OTW line, but they do, because they know there are hundreds of people who will not wear something just because they know a trillion other people are wearing the same thing. And those people are trend setters, people that set the bar, and to the uneducated eye they see VANS, not Syndicate. So they go out and buy VANS, everyones happy, one guy feels cool, and the other guy feels better than the other guy. Ripple effects, long term, I think its a good investment, you cant put a price on relevence.

Diversity and competition:
At the moment there are 4 lines that cater to very specific circles of people, OTWS and Syndicate are aimed more for the skaters, while Vault and California are more for the fashon forward people. The reason why we are discussing these 2 worlds in the same light is because they have collided and its great. The only thing is they are competing against themselves now, with OTW and Syn. competing and Vault and Cali competing, no one wins, recently the OTW and Cali lines have had more media and advertising, which is a huge factor to their success. With Vault and Syn. being more secretive, DL, lines theyre being washed out by alot people who arent as loyal as we have been. Now thats great they the 2 lines have been successful and you are locking up a new following and potentially long time customers. It hurts when you have a decent established base of fans and followers already deeply attatched and invested in the older lines who will be reluctant to branch off. It would be nice if they could coexist but I dont see it happening, unless they are able to manage these departments better, I think it would also help if they coordinated stuff, I know it hurt some people with BDGA, Brooks, Wtaps, and Zeros all dropping at the same time. With some cooperation they can all thrive.

I think Vans has a great plan that is being executed fairly well if they are planning on eliminating the Syndicate and Vault lines, they are basically offering a similiar procuct, and allowing them to be more convenient and more widely available. Syndicate and Valut would NEVER be sold on Karmaloop. They just need to be careful not to offend some people. A lot of the collections here are comprised mostly of Vault, Syndicate, Collab, and Vintage. Not OTW or Cali.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for rambling.

I know I come off as very anti-Cali, and anti-OTW, but I do own both, I'm just saying if it came down to it, I'd rather have Vault or Syndicate.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

GEEEZ Cool fuckin story Bro!! Haha just messing with you that was a very very valid argument on all points.
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Well said! I fully agree. I own a few Cali and OTW, but I also haven't developed the kind of loyalty towards those lines as I have Vault and Syndicate. They've both had great releases and it's exciting to see where they take those lines, but it's also almost sad to see that these lines are clearly competing and could potentially hurt one another, either in sales, attention to detail in the releases, or just in lack of promotion if everything starts getting stretched too thin. Mentioning karmaloop is also a good point. It seems like those lines are sort of like the Vault and Syndicate lines being catered more to the semi-mainstream outlets like karmaloop and urban outfitters.

They do need to figure out a better way to co-ordinate releases. It's also interesting to me that the CA line has been pushed harder lately, but there's no website (that we know of anyway) to update people on what's coming out or even what the idea behind the line is.

I've always enjoyed the websites for Vault and Syndicate and the amount of background they give on the releases. I really hope this doesn't fall by the wayside. I know that both of those lines have been very successful and it would be really sad to see them disappear due to a lack of visibility that is easily obtained through just having a simple website, like they've had all along.

It does seem like a rather lofty goal to try have four different extra lines out there alongside GR's for a company like Vans... It'll definitely be interesting to see how everything goes within another year.

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

(in reply to FTHATIMFAMOUS)
I hear what you're saying, and yeah it's obvious that CA is doing really well, and we know why. Price. Sometimes things come to market at the wrong time. Right now, that seems to be OTW. Vault is the consistent winner, these past few years, but let's not sell Syndicate short. How often are we all looking for back stock in Syndicate, and willing to pay retail? That just means that the pricing is high, but it doesn't mean people don't want it. It just means they gotta come back next paycheck for their shoe. Back then, if a shoe was out of stock at one store, bam, jump online to your next favorite online skate shop, and you had your size shipped the next day. Now days, stuff sits at stores that don't have a good Syndicate following, because before, they were able to benefit from online sales, and keep product moving. I used to buy 50% of my Syndicates online, when the old OTWS was up, and that was because of the heads up posts that we were getting back then. The product needs to be sold online. Bottom line. How is it that I was able to purchase a Syndicate TNTII DevGru camo in a sz8.5 from The Rack, for $30, and turn around and flip it for $105 with no box on eBay? It should've never been sent back to Vans, for them to liquidate to The Rack. Or my 10.5 I got from HUF on sale, and let it sit in Footage in SoCal for $90 for like 4 or 5 months, and not get one bite, but as soon as I list it on eBay (last night), it sold in a few hours for $140??? Other people can't get to it, and they want it. Syndicate is like fine wine. It takes awhile for a release to sink in sometimes. I used to not give a crap about W)Taps crossbones, or Greaserz, and so did a lot of other people, but now look at some of you picking them up from PYS.com for above retail! We do the same shit with Supreme! Vans just has that effect. SB's normally don't!

I just hope Vans doesn't look at Syndicate as a burden, or a liability, because they're setting it up to be that way. A few SoCal shops are already cutting back their orders for Syndicate because they can't guarantee they can sell it, solely based on their local demographic. Granted, some Syndicate releases were flops, but put that shit on a discount sale online, and the product will eventually move. Every shoe store has flops that they probably knew were gonna be flops, but they had to order them anyways. They know they have to do that, so when the heaters come around, they can get those too. It's tough for these shops, and I know the internet probably makes it harder to compete, but that just means you gotta get smarter! Look at the homie Brant, up in this forum helping us out, and at the same time, moving product. If other shops need to hire a dude to man the forums, then do it! Get your name out there, the way it needs to be done. My homeboys work for Work wheels, ASpec Products, and a few other shops, as sales people, and guess what? They sit on multiple car forums all day, and on AIM, chatting with peeps who want to buy stuff from them. Wow, what a concept! Guess what? They've been doing it for 4+ years now, so it's not a new idea, but it's proven successful. Somewhat.

I just wish Vans would go back to letting their dealers sell Vault and Syndicate online again!