VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Vans' Core-Skater line.
illwill
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: VANS SYNDICATE RELEASE DATE/INFO/STORE LOCATIONS

Post by illwill »

Syndicate is definitely top notch quality!
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

From what my sources are saying, Vans is gonna terminate the Vault and Syndicate line because of OTW and California.

And, Vans Syndicate is like their "expensive" line and not a of people ~ especially skaters aren't willing to pay a lot just to skate in them.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

What?! That would be horrible news! I mean, it seems like they all sell pretty well. Some better than others, of course. But overall, there are definitely some crazy collectors out there (us, haha).
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

rocketgoof wrote:What?! That would be horrible news! I mean, it seems like they all sell pretty well. Some better than others, of course. But overall, there are definitely some crazy collectors out there (us, haha).

I would assume stores who had Syndicate accounts couldn't sell other models or the "unpopular" models. Like what my friend told me about Liberty Board Shop. They didn't carry the W)Tap Sk8-Mid's & Authentics because they didn't think it would sell.

Also, Vans Vault. Most of them just end up in Nordstrom Racks. They are also expensive in which it also sits in store shelves.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Hmm, interesting. I guess not having syndicate or vault dealers around here makes 'em seem harder to find than they really are? And you know, by telling their dealers not to put their vault or syndicate stock online might've been a bad move. They were hard enough to find back when there weren't restrictions, but at least I was able to find a place and the hunt was rewarding. I know you can place phone orders, but I don't have as much time during the day to call around looking for shoes and by the time I get into search mode later in the day, most shops are closed. I'm sure the majority of people are more inclined to order online rather than over phone, too. I guess there's also email, but for some reason I never think of that.

But yeah, vaults like the spectators and shaka's have proven to be quite elusive for me. Not sure if that's because they were so limited that not many shops got 'em or if they just sold fast...

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The Rack only gets the Vaults and Syndicates, because the sales people at Vans just want to move product. They are counterproductive to what the sub-brand departments are trying to create. Why the hell are S/Double Sk8-Lows, Taka Hayashi prison issue lows, Syndicate Mtn. Editions, 3ft High and Rising Chukkas, Propers, Supremes all showing up at the Rack? Because to the sales people, 100s of pairs of Vans sold at once, is all that matters to them. Vans takes back stuff that doesn't sell in stores, whether its their stores, skate shops, boutiques, etc, allowing other shops to purchase stuff that didn't sell somewhere else. Syndicates are notorious for this, and for example, the Devgru camo TNTIIs. eBay auctions steadily end above $120 for those things, sometimes around $160, and stores didn't sell out of them...they just sent them back to Vans for credit. All my local shops had them. Each shop said they sent them back to Vans. Obviously there's a market somewhere else...so no need to drop the entire line, just go back to how things used to be sold with SYndicate and Vault. Simple as that, if they are thinking about dropping those lines. Hell...start advertising that stuff on the Vans websites! My dad wears Vaults, cause he likes the premium quality of the shoes. Older people with money, should be their core demographic, who recognize quality. Put them in Nordstrom stores. Macys. Something like that!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Exactly! I always wondered why they didn't advertise the syndicate and vault lines on their site. Moreso, I'm sure they'd move all those products that they didn't sell in shops if they sold syndicate and vaults in their store. I understand that they're trying to create some sort of unique experience with those lines, but clearly it needs updating. Buyers aren't just gonna fall out of the sky. Word of mouth has been the main way these lines have grown and clearly they've been successful with that. They just need a little extra oomph. Maybe they want these to be like their Air Force One's and not ever spend a dime on advertising, but if just putting them up in their webstore moves these products that are just sitting in warehouses waiting for the boxtops to get cut off at an outlet... Well, might as well try it before cutting the lines loose.

I like your idea of selling them more at Macy's and Nordstrom as well. I'm more inclined to put out the extra money for these shoes because I know the quality is fantastic (although I do love my GR's as well!).

Also, just plain old tap into the community. Here it is. Have at it, Vans! There's a bunch of people on this site that have trouble finding these shoes that Vans is apparently having trouble trying to move. Set up some contact for us and we'll order the heck out of 'em :)

Hopefully some Vans reps are reading this right now. haha

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah man, real talk. The sales people aren't giving the marketing team a fighting chance, and who's gonna argue with making money? I say put Vaults into higher end stores, and put Syndicates in strategic areas, and allow them to sell last month's season online. It might be just that simple. Hehe, then again, what do we know? We don't run businesses, or skate shops. These might be peanuts to them, in the larger scheme of things.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

DJGuamstyles wrote:...so no need to drop the entire line, just go back to how things used to be sold with SYndicate and Vault. Simple as that, if they are thinking about dropping those lines. Hell...start advertising that stuff on the Vans websites! My dad wears Vaults, cause he likes the premium quality of the shoes. Older people with money, should be their core demographic, who recognize quality. Put them in Nordstrom stores. Macys. Something like that!

I think they should just sell them all to me ;) Ill sort it out.

Im not as educated about vault, but i do know that, at one time, only like 10-20% of their locations were doing over 80% of the business. the rest of the accounts were just teetering, and often returning items, not ordering the entire line, etc etc, as you said. Thats why cali is a cheaper/better alternative for those stores (more general styles, less time specific story lines meaning they can be on the shelf a bit longer, and are still premium quality)...it allows them to place vault where it should be, and let cali pick up the rest .

speaking freely here:

Syndicate I think has the correct idea...I very much value the black ops approach. No warning (especially if things quit leaking), limited accounts, those that know, know. the main two issues i see:

_often their site isnt up to date. they should have accurate press releases the week of the release, announcing a drop date, full info about the shoe, and an accurate store list of who is receiving them.

_I think the shops themselves aren't educated. Vans accounts beg for syndicate, and they dont even know what it is. I know even in my territory shops ask for it like it is going to boost their core skate sales, etc. This isnt nike sb and this isnt a quickstrike. Yes, it is limited, it is rare, they are made to order, but its not about that, its about finding a niche customer base, crossing boundaries, and bringing those very specific customers into your store. Shops need to either be 100% committed to each release, or not carry it. I am always very excited to hear about whats new, latest and greatest, but I would actually prefer to not even know what it is until it is in my store. They tell me what Im allocated, and Ill give them my size run, and see what happens. I realize thats not actually an option, but you get what i mean regarding the commitment. Either you're down for the cause, or you're not. I think phone orders are great, but online sales allows them to accidentally sell 20 pairs to one greedy dude, so Im not into that, personally. I realize budgets have to rule all, and syndicate is not cheap, but shops that send these back after 3 weeks shouldn't have received them in the first place. At the same time I empathize with the brand. The guys that direct the division are practically doing it out of passion, its not about an extra paycheck...and they have to sell a certain amount or not only will it not break even, it will just lose money and be discontinued in this corporate format. I just wish there were a few more accounts like me that cared enough to learn about each release, educate the customer properly, build excitement and anticipation, and enjoy the relationships built with each sale. Ive had so many great conversations in store, via email, and over the phone regarding the past few seasons releases, and wish all stores could connect like that. So in all I think there are definitely some changes that could be made, but its not necessarily about opening it up more or allowing online sales, in my opinion. Its more of a reflection of our state of small business than it is about the shoe releases. How many really cool one of a kind stores are there in japan, uk, etc...vs. cool shops in the usa? you can count them on one hand as far as unique experiences go.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

Hope the syndicate brand stays. I think them cutting back on shops is for the fear of losing profit as well as shops not being able to move them. Maybe they began to mass produce (much more qty than pervious releases) and thats why not that many were flying off the racks, but in turn began appearing at the NRacks. With the newer releases, Zero lo and wtaps maybe their trying to bring their supply back down to match the actual demand. Just what I've been thinking ever since I noticed syndicates are no longer carried at shops.
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

definitely...and I think the last couple drops as you said (zero lo, wtaps) have been really good (in my opinion-- the best releases of the year across the board), have had solid sell through at most locations, w/ very few warehouse returns...so i think its on the right track. As Guam said, one of the releases shops considered duds (tnt2 mid) has turned out to be very sought after, so it was the accounts that jumped the gun on that...just had to have some faith in em.

I look forward to everyone's response on the spring releases!
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I was waiting for your response man, hehe, and it's always nice to see things from a perspective of someone who has first hand experience in this. We all notice a shift in the Syndicates, so we just have to keep on our toes, and be resourceful, like through here! We should be fine getting what we want, as long as we keep the communication open, and growing. We can't thank you enough, Brant, for all the support and help in getting people their pairs! It's nice to see the local pickups happening too. with some of you guys. That will go a long way, when other localized stuff releases. I guess we just sit back and wait to see where Vans decides to go with these lines.
NSDCA
UTPL Private

Post by NSDCA »

New Syndicate just dropped, hit up your local syndicate retailers.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Well that's not much info, is it?
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

lol are these new models?