What up! (Update 5/10)

Introduce yourself - maybe add a pic of your collection, or favorite kicks!
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: What up!

Post by akamedaniel »

DJGuamstyles wrote:I'm still never going to support Opening Ceremony after saying they were going to take preorders on the Kenzo Grapes Authentics. They even went as far as to take down my credit card information. Then a few days after the release, I email them to ask on the status of the pre-order, and they say that they were sorry, but all the sizes sold out. THEN, a few days later a few sizes restock online, so I ordered a white 11.5. Waited for about a week or two. No shoes. No email update. I email them, and they proceed to tell me that they can't seem to find that size to ship out. I had to contact them on BOTH instances. They gave zero fucks, lol. So now I bash them to hell and back, hoping nobody that comes across my ranting, never buys from them ever again. Just doing the lords work. We need less bullshit in our lives, starting with those who think their shit don't stink!
Same shit happened to me with that first Kenzo collab, I did the preorder then checked back like a week later and they said they were all sold out.. fucked up. Unfortunately they have a monopoly on those Kenzo collabs, that is if your trying to get them shipped out of the US.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

akamedaniel wrote:
DJGuamstyles wrote:I'm still never going to support Opening Ceremony after saying they were going to take preorders on the Kenzo Grapes Authentics. They even went as far as to take down my credit card information. Then a few days after the release, I email them to ask on the status of the pre-order, and they say that they were sorry, but all the sizes sold out. THEN, a few days later a few sizes restock online, so I ordered a white 11.5. Waited for about a week or two. No shoes. No email update. I email them, and they proceed to tell me that they can't seem to find that size to ship out. I had to contact them on BOTH instances. They gave zero fucks, lol. So now I bash them to hell and back, hoping nobody that comes across my ranting, never buys from them ever again. Just doing the lords work. We need less bullshit in our lives, starting with those who think their shit don't stink!
Same shit happened to me with that first Kenzo collab, I did the preorder then checked back like a week later and they said they were all sold out.. fucked up. Unfortunately they have a monopoly on those Kenzo collabs, that is if your trying to get them shipped out of the US.

Haha that's so funny sounds like we all had the same situation. I got my marble and grape Kenzo's while in Paris at Colette and a pair in Milan at some department store and I loved them. When I saw that the Leopard pack was dropping I did my research and saw that Opening Ceremony was going to carry them and I was stoked. I called for preorder and guy on the phone was real cool. I gave him my credit card and he told me he would just run it right when they came in and that I was the only person on the list so far so I should for sure get a pair. He didn't know what they were getting and I honestly told him that I really didn't care I liked the pack as a whole and would take whatever they got in a 12. Weeks go by and nothing happens. I call back and the girl tells me that they still have my info but have sold out of the shoe.....wwwttttfff I was so mad. Did they exact same thing for the flying tiger release and never got a call back but went in on my own one day and there they were just sitting there. I asked for a 12 and of course they had it I bought them a didn't say anything. They are the most unorganized store ever. I feel your pain.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Unorganized is too nice of a word. This is now confirmed by at least 3 of us on here. That means there are more out there, and they do it on purpose. Time wasters are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. If you never intended to reserve it for me, then why did you provide this false hope? I may have passed up other opportunities based on your promise. I truly believe it's pre-meditated, and they get their rocks off on it. We're on to them. Go write a bad Yelp review about them, like I did. Others have also shared similar stories!
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

Yeah I hate them I will write a review. On a more positive note I took a couple more pictures of shoes I was able to get haha. Still have some more pictures take and especially my grail pair that I will make a post in itself.

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I'm enjoying all these pics! If all of my pairs weren't in my storage locker, I'd get to snapping photos of all of them too.
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

Thanks I'm glad you like the pictures its good to go back through everything! A couple more pairs I was lucky enough to get. As I'm sure you all know the Engineered Garments were ridiculous I called literally 20 times in a row before I got someone.

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Love all these Originals. Have all of them except swap your Engineered Garments Slip-On for my Authentic.
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

Yeah I love them and I have doubles of the WTAPS that I wear all the time. Do you know if because they are originals they fit a bit bigger than traditional vault slip-ons???
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I think it has to do with the thinner insoles. All the originals use the thinner glued in footbeds, or I mean, "sorta glued in" because you can still pull them out easily. I believe they're Ortholite too, just like the California's.
nurizat
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

What up!

Post by nurizat »

Authentic and. Era all the way !!! Cheers buddy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
since 66 forever

size 10.5/11
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

Alright for me as a Vault collector this is about as cool as it gets. Even though they were a size 13 they still fit pretty well. Will I ever wear them who knows but they sure are good to look at! This is truly what I love about Vans. I was able to find these shoes in the back of a random shop just over a year ago and paid a very reasonable price for them. They are completely DS and even the boxes are in decent shape for being 11 years old! I know these are from the first year of Vault (2003) but not sure if the are from the very first collection or not. They both have a box date of 05/2003 maybe someone who knows more about Vault then me can shed some more light on them. I cant imagine that there are many pairs of these around. I know when Vans did a Vault retrospective last year for 10 years of Vault they showed the pony hair collection as the representative from first year of Vault but only the old skool i think? Also in pictures I have found online of the shoe the slip-ons didn't have pony hair all the way around the shoe like mine. The side panels of the shoes online look like they are brown canvas. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this mystery!

akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Very cool, I believe Erwin has the Sk8-Hi's from this pack. I don't think these are from the first Vault 'Collection'; In the back of most Vans retail stores, near the fitting rooms, you should see a collage of the different Eras (not the shoe) of the Vans line, and if you look closely you will find a small section dedicated to Vault, I think there are like 4 or 5 shoes, but I believe those are from the very first 'Collection'. Don't quote me on this, but im pretty sure.

BTW, I like how the sub-title on the box says Lifestyle.. OG!
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
masemanning
UTPL Private

Post by masemanning »

Ok cool do you or anybody else have pictures from that poster??? I was trying to do more research and at Vans.com there is article from July 2013 that says Vault started in July 2003 but the box date on both of my shoes is May 2003.... Cant find pictures of any shoes from that far back online. Anyone else have any shoes or knowledge of Vault that long ago???

Here is a link to the article.
http://www.vans.com/news/item/1797306/v ... collection
miles_hi
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by miles_hi »

Great collection. Where's all the sk8-his?
Another size 12 :|
Welcome to the site.
:D
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Awesome find mase! Vans will always have these random anomalies, and even guys like Henry from TheOtherSideofThePillow who collects mostly vintage Made In USA Vans, find tons of unseen stuff. It's always been that way.