bdc

Introduce yourself - maybe add a pic of your collection, or favorite kicks!
bdc
UTPL Private

bdc

Post by bdc »

Hi everybody,I'm Bruno from Belgium.
I began skating in Vans (SK8 Hi's) in 1988 but they were very hard to get and very expensive (for a young guy) back then over here. In fact you went to the local skate store and ordered your size when they went on a trip for supplies to Germany...and maybe they would have your size when they returned,maybe!
I stopped skating on a regular basis somewhere in the 90's because of knee problems though I still like to climb on top of my board now and then.
I kept wearing Vans because I liked them and to my amazement,they slowly started to pop up in regular shoe stores. My last pair I got in a sale a couple of years ago. However...I still remember the made in USA heel pad days. :)

I recently started picking up some new Vans (basically because my last pair was trashed).
Amazed to discover the incredible variety of models that's been released over the years I must say!

This is the remaining box of the last pair of Vans I actually skated on a regular basis. I may have some older boxes and maybe some trashed pairs still stashed away somewhere though. ;)

Size 8.5 in Sk8 Hi or Sk8 Hi Reissue.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: bdc

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Welcome! That is awesome man! It amazes me to see the diversity we have on here. I believe you're the first person from Belgium on here, right guys? I'm not trying to classify you or anything, but obviously your love for Vans comes from skateboarding in them. I am the first to admit that I am not a skateboarder, and am not trying to be. I am a sneaker collector, buyer, head, whatever they are labeling me as these days! Basically, I just spend lots of my money on shoes, particularly Vans. I hope you stick around, and let us help you get some cool pairs you may want! Thanks for signing up and posting up a little bit about yourself!

-Bill aka Guamstyles
bdc
UTPL Private

Post by bdc »

Thanks for the welcome Bill. :)
I will certainly stick around because there's lots I still need to learn about all the different Vans models,sizing etc...only had experience with Sk8 Hi's and Sk8 Hi Reissue's so far.
They're not only fun to skate in but also very nice to just wear casually or even formally.
They just look so fine.

Think I've been bitten by the bug as I've recently bought 5 new pairs (3 just arrived) and 1 on the way! :lol:
Luckily all were on sale.

I intend to wear them all though (but I'll take better care of them this time).

Btw I'll try to find some more old Vans stuff I've got stashed away and post pics.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The sales are what allow a lot of newer Vans fans to stackup.
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

Welcome man, dont forget to post a pic of all your pairs when they come in the mail :lol:
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
bdc
UTPL Private

Post by bdc »

Lol thanks for the welcome,will do. ;)
bdc
UTPL Private

Post by bdc »

2014 so far...can you tell I'm a bit of a Sk8 Hi fan? ;)
Btw Discovered lots of Vans on the forum I would love to own myself one day!