How-to: Converting FREE USPS 1095 boxes to fit shoe boxes

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: How-to: Converting FREE USPS 1095 boxes to fit shoe boxe

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Fredyws wrote:Nicely done, but I don't know if it worth it, depending on time i'd rather just spend the extra few bucks for a suitable box.
I was gonna buy boxes from ULine originally, but they run like $4 a box. UPS store is like $2.75-$5 depending on box. Cant beat free, plus they ship 'em to your house! Always stock up on boxes for them last minute sales.
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

I've shipped 3 pairs of shoes this way recently and I don't think I'll ever buy another box again :D
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Just go to USPS.com and put in an order for 10 priority boxes and they send em to you fo free.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

I had a box returned to me for the first time. Sucks. They marked the box saying I needed to pay more postage (paid $12.35, postage according to them was $18.35). Took the box back to the PO and asked for a refund so I could ship in another box. PO person told me that since the postage process has been started I couldn't be refunded and the only option was to either lose my money or pay the $6 difference.

I'm wondering if it's because I used the machine at the PO to weigh and print postage ... Usually I order the label online, slap it on and drop it in the box.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I think it's another case of the postal worker acting like they're God. They can't legally take your money and not give you a product or service in return, but do you think they'd ask a co-worker or a superior what to do in this situation? NOOO...they feel like they know what to do, and that's that. Nobody needs to tell them how to do their job. Footage ships out every package in this fashion, and they're shipping like 30+ packages a day, so it is perfectly fine to do it. Now if it was due to incorrect dimensions or weight, then that's another thing, but yeah man, go get yourself a lil' shitty shipping scale from harbor freight for $10. Get some self-adhesive labels from eBay or Wal-Mart (Avery shipping labels), and call it a day. Print out using Paypal or USPS website. Make sure to choose to not print the receipt with the label, so that way it only prints on half a sheet, allowing to not waste any labels. I've wasted many labels by forgetting to set this setting. In Paypal it's in a shipping menu somewhere, but on USPS it's a lil' checkbox when you print each label. Fuckin post office clerks are the worst...next to Disneyland parking lot attendants, haha.
Portugal.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Portugal. »

I've done this a couple of times. Previously I had them weigh and measure it then paid that
But then last time I did it online for a medium flat rate and they shipped it fine. I took another box in like this with flat rate today and the lady told me "does that box day flat rate. No."
I was like I've done it before
And she said people always say that. I don't care if you did before, it's not right
I said well I'll just go to the other post office by my house
Then she said so what you want. They will be at your door.

Then I left. Will take to the other pork morrow morning

How do most of you guys ship?

Looking For These in Sizes 9-11. PM if Selling at a Good Price:
-Vans Wtaps
-Vans Syndicates
-Vans Rick Griffin E-Street
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

In order to ship flat-rate, you MUST use the flat-rate box. With shoes, you should never really use flat-rate boxes and shipping. For one, they don't fit in any flat-rate boxes that they offer, and two, the pricing is higher for flat-rate shipping of items that aren't really heavy, like under 6 or 8 lbs. If you're using a flat-rate box to ship something that's not going to be shipped using flat-rate prices, then white-out the flat rate part, just so the postal robot workers can't say stuff. It's retarded if they don't let you ship something as standard Priority Mail, if that's what you want to pay. It's no different if you packed your stuff into a blank box that was the same size.