What's your top 5 Vans sneakers of 2013?

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

What's your top 5 Vans sneakers of 2013?

Post by DJGuamstyles »

This is funny, because last year's 2012 version of this topic is still on the same page as this one. I want to compile a top 5 list + runner ups if you feel like it. Lists are becoming quite the corny thing to do, but it does give us a chance to look back at some of the dopest releases of the year, and damn there were a ton. I made my #1 prediction early on in the year, and it's still my #1 choice, and that's the Blends x Vault Sk8-Hi Zip LX. It was on an entire different level than everything else out there. That's my opinion, so let's hear yours!
tmrsn
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: What's your top 5 Vans sneakers of 2013?

Post by tmrsn »

Vault / Norse ERAs - Awesome textured era.
Had to mail back 2 pairs before I got the right fit - first pair was too small, With the second pair -the box said 10, the shoes said 10.5 - The first two pairs of Burnt Orange had the tags sewn in on the wrong side, cut off, cut open and sewn in correctly - if you look at the first picture you can see the remnants of where the tag was sewn in wrong and cut off on the inside of the left shoe- real shitty. Norse covered the shipping on the returns which was super expensive and the third pair are perfection. So I had to get the Grey and the Navy. The Navy sold out before I could get them - so they are missed pair number two thousand and eighty.

Syndicate / Fucking Awesome Authentics - Has to be the most limited release of the year with no online availability at all. Got them at Supreme then I took my son to Toys R' Us in times square to ride the ferris wheel

Syndicate Defcon SK8 Hi Notchback - Perfect shape and Super Tough they are in the daily rotation no matter what the weather and the more I wear them the better they look.

Vault / Disney OG SK8 Hi Donald - these are the Vans from when I was small. These are Vans to me.

Vault OG LX Palm Leaf Pack - again, these are the Vans from when I was small. These look exactly how I want them to look.

Vault / WTAPS - OG silhouettes are far and away my favorite - The Slip Ons are Super Luxury, The Sk8 HIs are tasteful and modern while still nostalgic.

Last edited by tmrsn on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Solid. I think those Vault x WTaps and Vault x Disney's will be in my top 5 as well. Fucking Awesome's too.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

1. Vault OG x Disney (Donald) Authentic
2. Vault OG x Disney (Pooh) Authentic
3. Vault OG x Disney (Mickey) Authentic
4. Vault OG x Engineered Garments (Olive) Authentic
5. Syndicate x Fucking Awesome (All 3 Colorways) Authentic
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

Here's mine ,sorry sk8 hi only this year

1 Diemme red

1 1/4 Diemme black

1 1/2 Diemme grey

1 3/4 Diemme navy

2 Blends

3 Concept

4 Wtaps OG

5 Disney OG

sz 11
TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

1. Carmen
2. PCL Eras
3. Kenzo Clouded Leopard
4. Mike Hill Syndicate Authentics
5. FA Authentics
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Damn, I forgot about so many releases. Concepts x Syndicates were dope. OTH x TH OG Style 36's were clean. Mike Hill Authentics started the wide heel stripe trend. Vault x Engineered Garments were also underrated, and their price point was awesome! I may just have to pick one shoe from each category, and let that be my top 5 (+5). Syndicate, Vault, GR, Collab, Supreme. Dang.
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

Top ten maybe?

1.Vans Vault x Blends Sk8-hi Zip LX
2.Vans Syndicate x Fucking Awesome For Supreme Authentic "S"
3.Vans Vault X Diemme Montebelluna HI LX (LOL How could i left this one out)
4.Vans Vault x Wtaps Sk8-Hi "OG"
5.Vans X UBIQ

Extras:
6.Vans Syndicate x CNCPTS Sk8-Hi
7. Vans Syndicate x Defcon Sk8-Hi
8. Vault x Disney Authentic
9. Vans Syndicate x Body Count Sk8-Hi "OG" "S"
10.Vans Vault x Norse Projects
Last edited by LV_1790 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rescobot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by rescobot »

LV_1790 wrote:Top ten maybe?

1.Vans Vault x Blends Sk8-hi Zip LX
2.Vans Syndicate x Fucking Awesome For Supreme Authentic "S"
3.Vans Syndicate x CNCPTS Sk8-Hi
4.Vans Vault x Wtaps Sk8-Hi "OG"
5.Vans X UBIQ
Definitely my top 5. Still regret not getting the ubiqs.
@rescoesloco

NEED in sz 9 or 9.5:
001 mr cartoon authentic
003 wtaps chukka
005 wtaps chukka
018 wtaps sk8 high
usugrow sk8 high
mastodon blood mountain sk8 high[/color]
tmrsn
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by tmrsn »

rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

So this is waaaaaay late, but I wrote out my list earlier this year and just now am getting around to ordering it. Last year was such an awesome year for Vans that it was really tough, so I guess I just kept putting it off! haha

Without farther ado…

Top 5 in no particular order cuz I can't choose:
YOTS Old Skools - I think this was the first time I've ever actually gotten an overseas pair of Vans. The cockatoo pair was just way too awesome! Great set in general.

Mike Hill Authentics - Probably the most thought out Syndicate release of the year, other than maybe the DEFCONS… The stamp set was a really cool add-on and the story behind it was really interesting. This release was one of the most fun to read up on!

"S" Checks - These were beautiful and had me craving them from the moment I saw the leaked pictures of them like 6 months before they came out! Definitely a release that was great quality and the heel tab was a really cool detail.

Wtaps Sk8-hi's - Simple, elegant and classic. Definitely caused some hunger and probably were the most fun to hunt down last year, too. Had to be quick about sniping them! I woke up at 3amEST to catch what I could from the midnightPST online drop from Undefeated.

Vanosaur Sk8-Hi - Neon green Vanosaurs on a sk8-hi?! Dream shoe. Duh!

Honorable mentions

Best New Model
Chima Pro - Everybody needs at least one pair of these. They're just plain awesome. Best "new" model since the Zero Lo! Especially the blue floral and washed grey pairs. Just a perfect shoe for summer. Gives off that classic Vans look but is also a bit different and has a lot of cool features and comfort.

Most Underappreciated Releases
Rapidweld Pack - I feel like this set got way less appreciation than it should've! These are truly awesome! The perfect mix of newer tech and classic looks made them just my style. Love the reflective details!
Hosoi Sk8-hi's - Every Hosoi release is awesome. These got way less hype than I was expecting and I'm not sure why. Great details, great quality, and super comfortable! Plus they were a great combo of the graphical awesomeness of the earlier Hosoi releases and the subtle simplicity of the later releases.

Most under the radar/Best OTW
Outlier Bedford - I dunno if it's cuz these were an OTW release and those tend to get less interest or what, but I don't think this pair was even discussed on here. I probably should've started a topic about them when they were out! I guess they sold out almost immediately on the Outlier site and I was left hunting for them for a while until they randomly popped up on SPOT's site, luckily for me! Awesome water resistant tech with a cool backstory, too!

I'm just gonna stop now before I list like 5 more pairs of shoes… haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

That's a solid lineup Kyle! I like what you had to say about the Chima as well. Tru.